• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Port of Seattle Meeting

What location is bestest?

• Pier 69, Alaskan Way between Clay and Vine Streets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seattle-Tacoma International Airport in the Airport Office Building, International Auditorium, Mezza

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

shakul

imported post

This thread is to get a roster for a Port of Seattle meeting, we should try to make a coordinated effort to get as many people from both the CC and OC community to attend.

Port of Seattle Meeting Schedule

Commission meetings held at 4:00 p.m. the second Tuesday of every month are convened at:
  • Pier 69, Alaskan Way between Clay and Vine streets
Commission meetings held at 4:00 p.m. the fourth Tuesday of every month are convened at:
  • Seattle-Tacoma International Airport in the Airport Office Building, International Auditorium, Mezzanine Level South, Main Terminal

shakul

imported post

Ok so I voted for the Pier, but that's because I live like 5 blocks from it lol...

BTW which meeting do you guys want to go to? the next one I believe would be next week on the 28 if you guys want to do it then OR we could wait till the one in November... (I prefer this one since it gives us more time to prepare and get more people)

Edit fixed to 28 didn't look at my vista calendar right.

Gene Beasley

imported post

shakul wrote:
Ok so I voted for the Pier, but that's because I live like 5 blocks from it lol...

BTW which meeting do you guys want to go to? the next one I believe would be next week on the 27 if you guys want to do it then OR we could wait till the one in November... (I prefer this one since it gives us more time to prepare and get more people)
If we did next week, that would be 10/28 at SEA, not 10/27. I voted for the airport in general, but there are other considerations. You mention short notice - good to factor in, I think it would be better to line up some more people and go for 11/11. Not close for me, but I'll live. I think 11/25 would be a poor choice all-round, too close to Thanksgiving.

Gene Beasley

imported post

Good catch. I called and Veteran's Day is not one of their recognized holidays.

They also take public comment on the work session days, which would open up 11/04 (Election Day) and 11/18. The day and location of those meetings appears to be less predictable based on the previously posted agendas. I think we're better off sticking with the regular meeting.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Gene Beasley wrote:
Good catch. I called and Veteran's Day is not one of their recognized holidays.

They also take public comment on the work session days, which would open up 11/04 (Election Day) and 11/18. The day and location of those meetings appears to be less predictable based on the previously posted agendas. I think we're better off sticking with the regular meeting.
That figures, POS doesn't recognize the guys who made it possible for them to even exist.

jddssc121

imported post

FWIW - my 2 cents (not that anyone asked :dude:)

I would focus your allotted time speaking on the legality (or lack thereof in this case :what: ) of the Port's rules, instead of discussing why you choose to carry.

The "why I carry" topic is subjective, and everyone will rat hole on it.
The real issue at hand, which is not subjective at all, is the Port's rules are out of whack. Regardless if they agree w/ carry or not is beside the point. They cannot have these rules, and that's what should be changed....

deanf

imported post

I would focus your allotted time speaking on the legality (or lack thereof in this case :what: ) of the Port's rules, instead of discussing why you choose to carry.

Exactly. I have never framed my arguments to the Ports around my "god given rights" and I don't think I ever mentioned concealed or open carry. And I won't mention these things when I speak. Nor will I be OCing.

Mentioning carry, god given rights, the 2nd amendment, what someone in the military fought for during a war, or any of the other tangential arguments will only serve to dilute the message to the Port that their regulations are illegal under Washington law and must be repealed.

Gene Beasley

imported post

PUBLIC TESTIMONY PROCEDURES
  1. Any person wishing to speak at a Port Commission meeting must register on a sign-up sheet and identify the specific agenda item to which he/she will speak before the agenda item commences.
  2. The Commission does not generally take public testimony for non-action agenda items such as "Policy and Staff Briefings" or Work Session presentations, but may do so at the discretion of the Commission Chair.
  3. An individual may testify on an agenda item for up to three minutes. Organization representatives may testify for up to five minutes.
  4. Any person wishing to speak on a topic not appearing on an agenda may sign up to speak under "New Business". All testimony provided under "New Business" is limited to three minutes.
  5. In the interests of time, the Commission Chair may limit the number of persons speaking on any topic or may limit testimony to those having new information or material to present.
  6. The Commission Chair may alter the time allotments for testimony to ensure that more speakers have an opportunity to be heard.
  7. The identity of each testifier will be noted in the meeting minutes. An individual or organization representative may have the text of his/her remarks appended to the Commission minutes by submitting a written text at, or before, the meeting. The appended written text will be preserved permanently.
  8. A digital audio recording of the public testimony is on file in Port offices. Digital audio recordings are retained in Port offices for six years and then transferred to State Archives. A charge is assessed for duplication or transcription.
  9. The Commission does not engage in discussion or debate with testifiers during commission meetings. Questions and requests for information or documents may be addressed to Port staff or to individual Commissioners outside of Commission meetings. (Revised September 14, 2007)
Depending on how many sign up to speak, we may be cut short or may not be able to speak to the issue at all. Just like Olympia. Just FYI.

grishnav

imported post

It's unlikely that I will be able to make it, but I'll give it my best shot. I won't waste a speaking slot; just be there to observe and support.