• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone tried Galco Paddle Lite?

lnd svyr

Opt-Out Members
imported post

I want to buy the thing right now but I cannot find any reviews. In the NRA American Rifleman magazine it looks like it would ride very close to the body. On Galco's website, it looks like it also rides very high. I can't tell much about the leather itself, but it doesn't appear to be the smooth type (what's it called) like I am used to. Looks kind of like suede???

I like both the high and tight position and it looks OK as far as I can tell and since I may start doing some OC the thumbbreak is good for me. Hell it's only $33 delivered to me. When I think about how many purses my wife has bought in any given year, I should just order the thing and try it out. But I am just too damn frugal--I've already started my holster drawer collection. The thing is, I am waiting on a belt and that is making me wait on getting the Comp-Tac Minotaur, and in the mean time I am using an XD9 SOB holster so I can carry my new (to me) P229 DAK.

Shoot, I'll just wait and see if anyone here has tried it.

Thanks, guys!

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm bumping this thread as I'm also curious if anyone has an opinion. Saw one in a mag and for the price you can't really beat it. Was looking one fomy P9 Kahr.

lnd svyr

Opt-Out Members
imported post

I corresponded a few times with Bill at Galco. He says it does ride pretty high and tight for a paddle. I can't really tell from the pics if I would like the finish on it. For now, I went ahead and got a Cop Slot belt holster from them. Should be here in a week or so.

I'm kind of leary of paddles after buying a stinker Fobus which is so far from concealable it is laughable--threw it in the closet (still better than the XD Gear holster, though).

For the price of that Galco Paddle Lite, though, I may still just go ahead and get it.

I'll post if I do.