Thread: "Don,t shoot the place up now!"

Post imported post

As I sat drinking my coffee and read the paperat the Starbucks( OC)I always go to an aquanintance walk by and exclaimed,in a loud voice.Hey don,t shoot the place up now".Causing everyone to look that was at the tables and counter at me like I was some sort of nutcase.Maybe i'ts me but I just thought this totally inapropriate and could have caused problems.I know alot of us disgree politically etc.But I also know that the folks I have met from this site are very responsible gun owners .I just wouldn't make a loud comment like that around someone.It just bugged me.

Post imported post

You should have replied in a loud voice, "That's why I carry, to make sure you don't hurt any of these nice people." Then accidentally spill your coffee on him. "Oh I'm sorry, let me shoot that off for you."

Post imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
    As I sat drinking my coffee and read the paperat the Starbucks( OC )I always go to an aquanintance walk by and exclaimed,in a loud voice.Hey don,t shoot the place up now".Causing everyone to look that was at the tables and counter at me like I was some sort of nutcase.Maybe i'ts me but I just thought this totally inapropriate and could have caused problems.I know alot of us disgree politically etc.But I also know that the folks I have met from this site are very responsible gun owners .I just wouldn't make a loud comment like that around someone.It just bugged me.
    Actually that kind of thing could acually violate the law. Akin to yelling "FIRE" in a crowded theater.

Post imported post

"That's why I carry, to make sure you don't hurt any of these nice people."
    Best. Reply. Ever.

Post imported post

Thats what I was thinking as well.Fortunatley most people that turned and looked know me from seeing me in there everymorning.Some didn,t and walked away briskly.

Post imported post

Yeah, I had a similar problem at my work. A certain person would always come by my workspace and shout "Hey, wake up!!!"

This went on for awhile untilI walked by their work space and exclaimed "Hey, stop that, you're not supposed to bemasturbating in here, now cover up and go wash your hands!!!"

Post imported post

That rocks I'll remember that one.Thanks..

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    DEROS72 wrote:
    As I sat drinking my coffee and read the paperat the Starbucks( OC )I always go to an aquanintance walk by and exclaimed,in a loud voice.Hey don,t shoot the place up now".Causing everyone to look that was at the tables and counter at me like I was some sort of nutcase.Maybe i'ts me but I just thought this totally inapropriate and could have caused problems.I know alot of us disgree politically etc.But I also know that the folks I have met from this site are very responsible gun owners .I just wouldn't make a loud comment like that around someone.It just bugged me.
    Actually that kind of thing could acually violate the law. Akin to yelling "FIRE" in a crowded theater.
    Agreed... they could charge the guy with Disorderly Conduct: RCW 9A.84.030 under subsection (1)(a) "Uses abusive language and thereby intentionally creates a risk of assault;" due to the fact that by saying what he said, he created a risk of assault on your person by warranting alarm for the safety of others when there was no justification for such.

Edit: Admittedly, the fact that it says "intentionally" means they'd have to prove that he intentionally meant your person harm by what he said... so they likely wouldn't even arraign him. Arrest, yes; prosecute, no.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Good Car. I don,t believe that it was malicious just an idiot.Like the guy at the Puyallup meet a few months back that walked up to the group with his hands up saying "Don't shoot".He did it to me again as i was walking over to the restroom area and I finally had to say knock it off it's not funny...

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    DEROS72 wrote:
    Or "What's the hold up" in a bank.

Post imported post

Precisely !I OC in my bank all the time.WHAT IF??????

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

This will happen from time to time. Its happened to mea number of times. Heck, I even get if from store clerks and managers that know me as a regular customer. The speaker just doesn't understand.

A good laugh and a big smile willcalm all but the most untrainable panty-wetters. As soon as they see its just two guys joshin' each other, they'll relax.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

True ,I just thought it was really dum.....

Post imported post

"Oh I'm sorry, let me shoot that off for you."
    "What's the hold up?" in a bank.

Two of the funniest lines I've ever read on this board.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I've had people say stupid stuff like that when I've been carrying, or had a cased long arm with me. Just annoys me. One guy got all stupid when I had a cased rifle and I told him THREE TIMES that the bus we were waiting for was in fact the right one. The last time I answered his question I somewhat grumpily said "Yeah it says Olympia on it, it goes to Olympia." Moron then says "Oh better watch out you're carrying a gun!" Idiot. Can't figure out a bus that says it's going to Olympia is going to Olympia, and can't deal with a person carrying a cased long arm. Some people should just stay in their homes.

Post imported post

Well as Ron White say's "You Caint Fix Stupid"

Post imported post

As Forest Gump said... "Stupid is as stupid does"
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

How about "My hunting license only allows me to shoot idiots."?
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Post imported post

Bookman wrote:
    I hope your kidding...... I'm thinking that the line "Here's your card" might be effective.

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

BlaineG wrote:
    Bookman wrote:
    I hope your kidding...... I'm thinking that the line "Here's your card" might be effective.
    Yes, B.G. That's a joke.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Post imported post

Bookman wrote:
    BlaineG wrote:
    Bookman wrote:
    Yes, B.G. That's a joke.
    You will have to excuse Blaine. He has been sicker than normal recently and is a tad slow on the uptake.

Post imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
    Bookman wrote:
    BlaineG wrote:
    Bookman wrote:
    Yes, B.G. That's a joke.
    You will have to excuse Blaine. He has been sicker than normal recently and is a tad slow on the uptake.
    Not only that, but I'm busy wiping Bear's Butt off thetoes of my boots....

Post imported post

BlaineG wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    Bookman wrote:
    BlaineG wrote:
    Bookman wrote:
    Yes, B.G. That's a joke.
    Not only that, but I'm busy wiping Bear's Butt off thetoes of my boots....
    Only in your dreams, TTT! Only in your dreams. Here kiss this it will make you feel better. .

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

God, I can't breathe, I'm laughing so hard.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.