• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Don,t shoot the place up now!"

DEROS72

imported post

As I sat drinking my coffee and read the paperat the Starbucks( OC)I always go to an aquanintance walk by and exclaimed,in a loud voice.Hey don,t shoot the place up now".Causing everyone to look that was at the tables and counter at me like I was some sort of nutcase.Maybe i'ts me but I just thought this totally inapropriate and could have caused problems.I know alot of us disgree politically etc.But I also know that the folks I have met from this site are very responsible gun owners .I just wouldn't make a loud comment like that around someone.It just bugged me.

bluer1

imported post

You should have replied in a loud voice, "That's why I carry, to make sure you don't hurt any of these nice people." Then accidentally spill your coffee on him. "Oh I'm sorry, let me shoot that off for you."

Bear 45/70

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
As I sat drinking my coffee and read the paperat the Starbucks( OC )I always go to an aquanintance walk by and exclaimed,in a loud voice.Hey don,t shoot the place up now".Causing everyone to look that was at the tables and counter at me like I was some sort of nutcase.Maybe i'ts me but I just thought this totally inapropriate and could have caused problems.I know alot of us disgree politically etc.But I also know that the folks I have met from this site are very responsible gun owners .I just wouldn't make a loud comment like that around someone.It just bugged me.
Actually that kind of thing could acually violate the law. Akin to yelling "FIRE" in a crowded theater.

DEROS72

imported post

Thats what I was thinking as well.Fortunatley most people that turned and looked know me from seeing me in there everymorning.Some didn,t and walked away briskly.

sidestreet

imported post

Yeah, I had a similar problem at my work. A certain person would always come by my workspace and shout "Hey, wake up!!!"

This went on for awhile untilI walked by their work space and exclaimed "Hey, stop that, you're not supposed to bemasturbating in here, now cover up and go wash your hands!!!"

just_a_car

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
DEROS72 wrote:
As I sat drinking my coffee and read the paperat the Starbucks( OC )I always go to an aquanintance walk by and exclaimed,in a loud voice.Hey don,t shoot the place up now".Causing everyone to look that was at the tables and counter at me like I was some sort of nutcase.Maybe i'ts me but I just thought this totally inapropriate and could have caused problems.I know alot of us disgree politically etc.But I also know that the folks I have met from this site are very responsible gun owners .I just wouldn't make a loud comment like that around someone.It just bugged me.
Actually that kind of thing could acually violate the law. Akin to yelling "FIRE" in a crowded theater.
Agreed... they could charge the guy with Disorderly Conduct: RCW 9A.84.030 under subsection (1)(a) "Uses abusive language and thereby intentionally creates a risk of assault;" due to the fact that by saying what he said, he created a risk of assault on your person by warranting alarm for the safety of others when there was no justification for such.

Edit: Admittedly, the fact that it says "intentionally" means they'd have to prove that he intentionally meant your person harm by what he said... so they likely wouldn't even arraign him. Arrest, yes; prosecute, no.

DEROS72

imported post

Good Car. I don,t believe that it was malicious just an idiot.Like the guy at the Puyallup meet a few months back that walked up to the group with his hands up saying "Don't shoot".He did it to me again as i was walking over to the restroom area and I finally had to say knock it off it's not funny...

sirpuma

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
DEROS72 wrote:
Or "What's the hold up" in a bank.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

This will happen from time to time. Its happened to mea number of times. Heck, I even get if from store clerks and managers that know me as a regular customer. The speaker just doesn't understand.

A good laugh and a big smile willcalm all but the most untrainable panty-wetters. As soon as they see its just two guys joshin' each other, they'll relax.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I've had people say stupid stuff like that when I've been carrying, or had a cased long arm with me. Just annoys me. One guy got all stupid when I had a cased rifle and I told him THREE TIMES that the bus we were waiting for was in fact the right one. The last time I answered his question I somewhat grumpily said "Yeah it says Olympia on it, it goes to Olympia." Moron then says "Oh better watch out you're carrying a gun!" Idiot. Can't figure out a bus that says it's going to Olympia is going to Olympia, and can't deal with a person carrying a cased long arm. Some people should just stay in their homes.

BlaineG

imported post

Bookman wrote:
How about "My hunting license only allows me to shoot idiots."?
:dude:I hope your kidding...... I'm thinking that the line "Here's your card" might be effective.