• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another +1 for the homeowner!

ItsMyRight2Carry

imported post

Unfortunately the injuries weren't life threatening. Sounds like the homeowner gave him a break...

Fayetteville police: Resident shot suspect during burglary

Posted: Today at 3:46 p.m

Fayetteville, N.C. — Fayetteville police said that a resident shot and wounded a suspect during a home break-in Thursday afternoon.

Two people forced their way into a residence in the 400 block of Acacia Circle around 2:30 p.m., officers said. The victim was at home and heard the burglars as they tried to take several items.

Investigators said that the resident confronted the burglars with a firearm. The resident shot one person in the lower leg and detained him until police arrived.
The second burglar fled the scene by unknown means, police said.

The suspect was transported to Cape Fear Valley Hospital to be treated for non-life-threatening injuries.

Police said they plan to charge him with felony breaking-and-entering and felony larceny. Investigators have not been able to determine the man's identity.
Detectives remained at the crime scene late Thursday afternoon.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

ItsMyRight2Carry wrote:
Unfortunately the injuries weren't life threatening. Sounds like the homeowner gave him a break...
It is never, EVER fortunate when a person dies. That statement is disgusting, and it makes us all look bad. If you feel joy when someone dies, criminal or not, I'd suggest you find professional help.

ItsMyRight2Carry

imported post

Get a life dude...I'm sure when someone breaks into your house and threatens your wife and children that you'll be thinking "hmmmm, maybe I should aim for his leg because I don't won't to fatally wound this guy and give him further opportunity to attack and possibly kill me, my wife, and my child. I'm not sure which world you're living, but I'm living in the one that makes sure I'm safe. If you're disgusted by my statement, ignore it and don't respond. Better yet, if it disgusts you when a BG is fatally wounded for violating someone's home and family, then you should go trade your guns in for a bottle of mace...Poor little criminals.

Carpetbagger

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DreQo wrote:
ItsMyRight2Carry wrote:
It is never, EVER fortunate when a person dies. That statement is disgusting, and it makes us all look bad. If you feel joy when someone dies, criminal or not, I'd suggest you find professional help.
The world is better off when scumbags likethis are killed. I don't feel joy when it happens, but I certainly don't feel anything resembling sympathy.

ItsMyRight2Carry

imported post

My sentiments exactly...I'm sure once he recovers from his non- life threatening GSW, he'll be out robbing someone else. Only difference is, next time he'll have an illegal gun to protect himself, and likely kill some innocent homeowner or their child...He got what he deserved!

Caveman93

imported post

ItsMyRight2Carry wrote:
My sentiments exactly...I'm sure once he recovers from his non- life threatening GSW, he'll be out robbing someone else. Only difference is, next time he'll have an illegal gun to protect himself, and likely kill some innocent homeowner or their child...He got what he deserved!
I shall quote my CCWP instructor, "Hey diddle diddle, hit em in the middle." Nuff said.:lol:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

DreQo wrote:
ItsMyRight2Carry wrote:

+1

Its over the top, IRM2C.

Breaking and enteringand burglaryare notcapital offenses.

While entitled to your own opinions, we'd appreciate it if you kept these to yourself rather than posting them on an open forum for all our enemies to see.

I see above you've already back-lipped DreQo when he called you on it. I'm not interested in debating it. I'm not interested in educating you on public relations or image. Whether youtry to justify your post further will tellus all we need to know about your strength of character.

ItsMyRight2Carry

imported post

I'm not trying to justify anything. He stated his opinion, in a derogatory manner, and stated mine, in a derogatory manner, if that's how you choose to perceive it. I enjoy these forums. I post frequently in these forums. I'm not here to prove my strength or character. If someone needs to prove their strength and character on a website, hiding behind a computer, then they obviously lack both. I'm not that person. Neither am I here for education on public relations or image. I'm all for getting out, having open-carry meet and greets and getting to know each other. I think my strength and character will speak for itself.

DreQo is very opinionated, and comes across that way, which is fine. I'm the same way. I don't have a problem with him. I respect his opinion, as I do everyone on here. Freedom of speech is nice! If he can't respect my opinion, then he shouldn't open himself up for debate. I'll leave it at that. I believe all of the posts I've made in these forums are contributory and informative to an extent. I try to stay active in the forums, as I would like to see the site grow and our fellow gun owners stand up for what they think is right, within the boundries of the law. Anyway, I find it funny how my opinion was echoed by the other members, and you're calling me out. But, if you would like, I will remove my membership, or you can remove it for me, and I will move on.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

But a live bg can disclose the other perp. This will allow both to be
off the street. And hopefully meet a nice boyfriend to move in with.

Just hope he has a perminate limp to remind him not to b+e.

45disco

imported post

i would like to think that most on this site do not defend or rationalize the actions of criminals. the man that was shot, by entering someone else's home without authorization, took full responsibility for his actions. the fact that his life was spared is God's Grace. if he was fatally injured and died then he payed a hefty price for his decision to brake the law and a commonality law at that, "thou shalt not steal". the problem with out society is that the punnishment for stealing is not great enough to deture the decision making for most criminals. We , as a nation, give criminals rights, however neglecting to relise that the criminals do not give the victoms the same rights. the lesson here is that if you are going to brake the law then you forfit the right to deturmine the concequences or outcome.

because i defend what is mine and carry a weapon, i know that i must be careful what i do because others are aforded the same right i have to defend what is theres. i am willing to bet that if you broke into the burgulars home he would have shot you dead without batting an eye. i realy have very little simpathy for those whom would rather take mine than earn (work justly) there own. do i think a man shoul be shot for ivation of my home, apsolutely!, unless he surrenders. (i'm not inhumain) criminals be for warned, " If you invade my home you give up the right to deturmine what i do, to stop you"

jim

TFED12

imported post

It is true that breaking and entering are not Capital offenses. So, in that context, does that mean you do not support any Castle Doctrines? Are you going to ask the intruder if he is only there to take a few things and be on his way? Or are you going to shoot center mass? I, for one will not take the time to ask an intruder if he is armed and if he plans on hurting or killing me. Like they say, " better judged by twelve..."

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

The point that I was making, that most of you understood, is that it is never fortunate when a person dies, criminal or not. I never said anything about sympathy or rights or anything else. Death is not fortunate.

Does a criminal deserve the consequences of his poor decision? Of course. Do I support the idea that, by violating someone else's rights, you forfeit your own? Yep! Would I shoot a person that criminally forced their way into my home? Absolutely. Would I be glad that someone died? Hell no.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

DreQo wrote:
SNIP Would I be glad that someone died? Hell no.

To regret a criminal did not diealso violates the underlying basis for defensive lethal force.

Shoot to stop; not to kill.

This is not airy-fairy political correctness. It may make the difference between being no-billed by a grand jury and aguilty verdict.

ItsMyRight2Carry

imported post

I'm still confused as to where I said I wish the BG would have been killed. Read my statement very carefully. There's a difference between having a life threatening wound, a non-life threatening wound and a fatal wound.

My post clearly states "Unfortunately the injuries weren't life threatening." I've worked in Emergency and Critical Care Medicine for over 10 years, and there's a big difference between those three determinations.

For example, the story states that he was shot in the leg and suffered a non-life threatening injury. This guy probably had a few xrays, an some diagnostic radiologic exams and was eventually patched up and sent go to jail. He'll serve a little time, and brag that he got shot. He'll be back on the streets again some day, most likely committing the same crime. I would be willing to bet this isn't his first offense.

Now, let's say the story stated that he was shot in the leg, and suffered a life-threatening injury. Now, this would probably indicate that had severed a major artery such as the femoral artery and had to be rushed to the operating room to have his life saved before he bled to death. Had they saved his life, he would wake up the next day knowing he almost lost his life. Maybe his view on breaking and entering would be different. I doubt it, but I bet it would be in the back of his mind.

I never once stated that "too bad this guy wasn't killed, or I hope he dies in the hospital" or anything like that. I think you guys have blown my statement way out of proportion. As I stated in the above posts, the guy got what he deserved. Now hopefully he'll get what he deserves in prison..BIG BUBBA

TFED12

imported post

I agree with Dreqo. Would I be "Glad" someone died ? NO! Would I have any sympathy for the criminal that died ? NO!

I still don't understand CITIZENS comment that "Breaking and entering and burglary are not capital offenses". Does that mean that you would not shoot them ? Does that mean you would shoot someone who WAS trying to commit a capital offense against you?

Not trying to argue....just don't undertsand.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ItsMyRight2Carry wrote:
I'm still confused as to where I said I wish the BG would have been killed. Read my statement very carefully. There's a difference between having a life threatening wound, a non-life threatening wound and a fatal wound.

True, the distinctions do exist.

The distinction is often only one of timing. Before he dies its"life-threatening" (might kill him). After he dies its "fatal" (did kill him.)

In that the distinction between life-threatening and fatal is not something particularly used in a vindictive sense, you'll be hard pressed to convince me you meant that you wanted him to have a life-threatening injury but not a fatal one.

I'm going to call this a creative evasion. Somewhat sophisticated, too. +1 on that.

Look, its not a big deal that requires lots of defensiveness or evasion. We just want you to stop making us look like savages, giving ammunition to ourenemies, the anti-gunners. Please, keep your baser instincts to yourself.

ItsMyRight2Carry

imported post

As tfed12 states: "Would I be "Glad" someone died ? NO! Would I have any sympathy for the criminal that died ? NO!" I totally agree with that statement.

There again, I never once said "I hope this guys dies," or "too bad he isn't dead" or "it's unfortunate that he's still alive" or "isn't it fortunate when a BG breaks into someones house and gets killed" or anything like that...I think if you thoroughly read my posts you'll see where I stand. My words were twisted around, and aren't representative of dreqo's first response to my post.

I'm not going to debate this anymore, as I feel I have proven where I stand. It's time for some cocktails!! Have a nice evening everyone!

"My baser instincts?" Thanks for the insult..

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Citizen wrote:
ItsMyRight2Carry wrote:

True, the distinctions do exist.

The distinction is often only one of timing. Before he dies its"life-threatening" (might kill him).

In that the distinction between life-threatening and fatal is not something particularly used in a vindictive sense, you'll be hard pressed to convince me you meant that you wanted him to have a life-threatening injury but not a fatal one.

I'm going to call this a creative evasion. Somewhat sophisticated, too. +1 on that.

Look, its not a big deal that requires lots of defensiveness or evasion. We just want you to stop making us look like savages, giving ammunition to ourenemies, the anti-gunners. Please, keep your baser instincts to yourself.
+1000. One should not wish harm upon another no more thanone should wish death, ergo his semantic argument is irrelevant.