• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does it exist? if not, ca we work together and make it?

ImChad

imported post

The other day while buying rounds at walmart a young lady (well intended I'm sure) asked if I had a permit in passing conversation. I said "I sure do" and left it at that. She started asking questions for her own benifit as to carrying and open carry was brought up.

As I'm sure some of you have encountered, some people react with a police call, some don't react at all and others ask if you're a cop. I would like to have something I can give them for quick points on open carry education in my state as its not at all common here in Greenfield Indiana and I rarely see it in my travel to Indy. I would like to see more people open carry as it would in my opinion lower crime but thats a whole other story.

So, do you guys know, or could you help me construct a quick point page to pass out when someone is curious? Nothing push, jsut somethign quick and educational for those who are interested? I'd like to get this rolling. I'm a webdesigner as my primary profession and I can make something fantastic if I get the wording down and I would be happy to share anything I finish to anyone who wants it. But, again I need to get the wording down and some of the content. So, how about you guys and gals, anything you can contribute would be great!

ImChad

imported post

So there isn't any interest in doing something like this? If not I'll make it and just ask for revisions. I would really like to see this become a reality for all of us.

jaramia20

imported post

I would love to help . The best way I think would be to have a meet and greet somewhere and talk it out . Let me know if you would like to set something up .

J

Jubbie

imported post

I've only been open carrying for a couple months, and so far no strangers have mentioned my firearm. I've had to explain the law to a couple friends. My laminated pink piece of paper was enough to explain I can carry CC or OC. One guy I know didn't even know OC was a legal option, till I made him look at his card. Anybody that has been interested I just tell them to check out this website & forum. Seems like the LTCH says enough to prove I can OC, anybody who wants more info can check this site out on their own.