• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Coach guns

frommycolddeadhands

imported post

thorvaldr wrote:
Lots of people like 20 ga because they are big enough for a human target with less recoil than a 12ga. Personally, I think that break action shotguns are only for subjects of an authoritarian government. As a real US citizen, I would prefer a a Saiga semi auto or a rem 870 or mossberg 500 pump.

To each their own I suppose. I've always loved the simplicity and reliablility of revolvers and in most situations I'd take a lever action rifle or a break shotgun without any hesitation. I've had my .38 revolver for a couple of years now, and put a few hundred rounds downrange with it. It's only failed to fire twice in four years, (due to dud ammo, not because of the firearm) and when it does I just pull the trigger again and it goes bang.

I'm more comforatable with a revolver or a break action because that's what I'm used to using. Heck, I'd even be comforatable with a single action revolver in most cases/places. I just bought my first semi-auto pistol, and I'm still getting used to having to flip a safety switch off, and I'm still a bit uncomforatable walking around with one round in the pipe (I always leave the chamber under the hammer empty when carrying my wheelgun) So I guess it's a learning experience. I always look to reliability and shootability in a gun before I even begin considering ammo capacity or start evaluating stopping power. To me it doesn't make sense carrying around a .50 caliber cannon if it misfires half the time and I can't hit the broad side of the barn with it, no matter how much 'oomph' it packs or how many bricks it can spray out in any given second. Politics don't really compel me to buy any particular sort of gun. I just go with what I'm comforatable with.

Again, that's just me.

TheMrMitch

imported post

This little sweetie will make the bad guy reconsider. :D

CoachGun.jpg

redlegagent

imported post

My bro-in-law has an old Rossi double 12g stage gun. Will clear a hallway in a hurry but kicks like a mule as no recoil pad. ;)

TheMrMitch

imported post

ColdHands....I bought it new about two years ago. Chinese make and I had to tighten her a bit. $189 OTD and they go for about $229 +or-at present.

Those are working hammers (they hit the firing pins)and it also had a thumb safety on top. Chambered for 3" mags.:dude:

Carnivore

imported post

Thats a fine lookin security systemback up, I've gotta redo something with the motion detectors, but for right now the 4 legged sensors I feed everyday let nothing go unnoticed or unheard,, A good handy coach gun may very well be on my next have to have list..

TheMrMitch

imported post

Ireally enjoyed our talk...we're both windbags. HehHeh:D

Yessir on the 1st lineof defense, dogs. I'll show youmy door if you get this way for sure. I highly recommend the coach gun and Tannerite too!:celebrateThanks!

Carnivore

imported post

Yessir MrMitch

The pleasure was all mine..I'll be on the phone with my son tomorrow, and fill him in on the details, I'm looking forward to finalizing all his plans so's we can get something in the works..