• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Life after the election

What will life be like for gun owners after the election?

• Noticeable Improvements

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Generally Positive

• Business as usual

• Generally Negative

• We're Screwed

• Total voters

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
I'm really sick to death of these moronic anti-Obama threads that focus on nothing but how he's anti-gun and try to paint him out to be Satin.
I've heard John Edwards referred to as "Silky" but never heard Obama referred to as "Satin" before. :p

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
I'm really sick to death of these moronic anti-Obama threads that focus on nothing but how he's anti-gun and try to paint him out to be Satin.
I've heard John Edwards referred to as "Silky" but never heard Obama referred to as "Satin" before. :p
I have heard him called "Slick". LOL :lol:

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:

LOL

Spell check lacks AI unfortunately.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

savery wrote:
If things calm down in a year or two and there aren't any wars, economic meltdowns, budget crises, scandals, etc to occupy everyone, then expect the worst.

No one finds that ironic?

If Obama manages to reverse Gee Dubya's destruction and accomplish all that in a year or two then you might as well just bow down. :quirky I'm not sure "worst" you'd be expecting at that point. Worse than the lasteight years? How is that possible?

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
savery wrote:
If things calm down in a year or two and there aren't any wars, economic meltdowns, budget crises, scandals, etc to occupy everyone, then expect the worst.

If Obama manages to reverse Gee Dubya's destruction and accomplish all that in a year or two then you might as well just bow down. :quirky I'm not sure "worst" you'd be expecting at that point. Worse than the lasteight years? How is that possible?
*sigh* While you take people to task for rampant anti-Obama rhetoric, you are just as guilty of anti-Bush rhetoric. As much as I dislike Clinton and can enumerate numerous damaging things he did as president, I am not partisan enough to say, "OMG OMG worst 8 years EVAR!!1!!1!!" Same with Bush. He has done many things I don't like and think were very wrong headed and several things that were very good and positive. The last 8 years could have been very much worse on all fronts. Furthermore, the president does not operate in a vacuum and he doesn't make laws. A lot of the blame for current conditions can be laid at the feet of congress.

After some of the derogatory comments you have made about the intellect of members who disagree with you I think it foolish on your part to indulge in the same type of rhetoric you have derided.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
savery wrote:

*sigh* While you take people to task for rampant anti-Obama rhetoric, you are just as guilty of anti-Bush rhetoric.

Sorry, that's not rhetoric, it's fact. And, yes, Bush ismostly to blame thanks to his expansion of executive power. Although congress did let things like the Patriot Act fly, congress didn't declare a war, Bush did.

This has been the worst eight years in a very long time on many fronts, including civil rights (as much as you'd like to think he's "pro-gun," this is just one more case of that being meaningless). Clinton's presidency isn't even comparable.

like_the_roman

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Sorry, that's not rhetoric, it's fact.  And, yes, Bush is mostly to blame thanks to his expansion of executive power.  Although congress did let things like the Patriot Act fly, congress didn't declare a war, Bush did.

The Congress authorized the President to declare war in the first place (see Public Law 107-243: Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002.)

Flintlock

imported post

like_the_roman wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Sorry, that's not rhetoric, it's fact. And, yes, Bush ismostly to blame thanks to his expansion of executive power. Although congress did let things like the Patriot Act fly, congress didn't declare a war, Bush did.

The Congress authorized the President to declare war in the first place (see Public Law 107-243: Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002.)

Authorizations of the use of force are not the same as a formal declaration of war.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declaration_of_war

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorization_for_Use_of_Military_Force_Against_Terrorists

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
savery wrote:

*sigh* While you take people to task for rampant anti-Obama rhetoric, you are just as guilty of anti-Bush rhetoric.

This has been the worst eight years in a very long time on many fronts, including civil rights (as much as you'd like to think he's "pro-gun," this is just one more case of that being meaningless). Clinton's presidency isn't even comparable.
And many others on here would make the same argument about fact vs rhetoric as to their comments and opinions of Obama. I personally would dispute many of your "facts" but I have neither the time nor inclination to argue the matter nor is it appropriate on the forum. I'm just trying to make you aware that your comments appear similar in nature to the comments from others that disagree with your opinion and which you subsequently deride in demeaning terms. Take that for what you will. I'm not trying to rip on you or start a flame war just trying to give you some perspective.

like_the_roman

imported post

Flintlock wrote:
like_the_roman wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Sorry, that's not rhetoric, it's fact.  And, yes, Bush is mostly to blame thanks to his expansion of executive power.  Although congress did let things like the Patriot Act fly, congress didn't declare a war, Bush did.

Authorizations of the use of force are not the same as a formal declaration of war.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declaration_of_war

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorization_for_Use_of_Military_Force_Against_Terrorists

While it's not the same as a formal declaration of war, AWDStylez made it sound like the President just up and sent the troops in without Congressional consent, which is not the case. Both Congress and the President deserve equal blame.

AbNo

imported post

like_the_roman wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:

The political winds were blowing in a different direction. The President was determined to go to war. There was just one obstacle: the U.S. Congress. Nine days after I spoke, that obstacle was removed. Congress rubber-stamped the rush to war, giving the President the broad and open-ended authority he uses to this day. With that vote, Congress became co-author of a catastrophic war
http://www.barackobama.com/2007/08/01/the_war_we_need_to_win.php

Hell, even Obama thinks Stylez is wrong. :lol:

Wait, maybe that makes him right. :uhoh: