• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Barack Supporter carves a B into the face of a McCain supporter

Diesel23

imported post

Click on the link to see a pic of the lady....Woman Attacked, Letter Scratched Into Her Face - Pittsburgh News Story - WTAE Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh Police: McCain Worker Robbed, Attacked

PITTSBURGH, Pa. (CBS) ― Pittsburgh police are investigating after a volunteer for the Republican campaign says she was attacked by a mugger who became enraged after seeing a John McCain bumper sticker on her car last night.

According to police, the 20-year-old woman said she was robbed at an ATM at the corner of Liberty Avenue and Pearl Street in the Bloomfield area around 9pm Wednesday after leaving a Republican phone bank.

The woman told police that the suspect, described only as a dark-skinned African-American man about 6'4", stole $60 from her and became enraged after seeing a bumper sticker supporting Republican Presidential Candidate John McCain on her car.

The woman said the suspect punched and kicked her before knocking her the ground.

The McCain camp tells CBS station KDKA-TV that the victim is a 20-year-old Republican from Texas.

According to a campaign spokesperson, after seeing her bumper sticker supporting McCain, the suspect said, 'Oh you're with McCain, you're with the McCain campaign? I'm going to teach you a lesson.'"

After repeatedly hitting, kicking and threatening the woman, the McCain camp says the suspect carved a "B" in her cheek for "Barack" Obama.

According to the police report, the officer confirmed that he "observed the wound on the right side of [her] face.

The unidentified woman reportedly declined immediate medical attention last night but said she would go to the hospital today.

The suspect ran off after the attack; but police are hoping that footage from bank surveillance camera may help lead them to the suspect.

In an official statement the McCain campaign says: "We're shaken up by this. It's sick and disgusting."

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Not the first violent physical attack of an Obama supporter against a McCain supporter and won't be the last. However, I have yet to read about (although it has probably happened) about a McCain supporter in the US attacking an Obama supporter physically.

ETA: Barack did say in a series of campaign stumps about a week ago that he wanted his follower to "get in people's faces".

Slayer of Paper

imported post

Walleye wrote:
Yes, but he hasn't taken our PDAs away yet. If she'd been carrying, she could have taken another piece of scum out of existence.
Agreed. That was my first thought when I heard the story. "Why the hell wasn't she carrying?"