• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone ever heard of the "Silver Eagle Group"

wchiang

imported post

Lately, they have advertisements in the local northern VA newspapers. (Loudoun times, Centre View) A quick look at their website shows a pretty elitist indoor 50yd range (handles .50bmg) and a "commercial aircraft training platform". Other membership details include:
  • Executive boardroom
  • Gym
  • Concierge service
  • Kimber 1911 and Bushmaster rifle "gift"
  • Private workrooms
  • Unlimited FFL transfers
  • Free NFA rental
class="forumText"It's sounds like a military contractor's hangout spot... Anybody have any more information? Particularly membership prices?

Brochure
Website

LEO 229

imported post

It is really geared towards the business CEO that can afford the over-priced range.

You have phone and computers for your use along with a meeting room.

You can work out and shoot while you wait and you get your own locker.

Write it all off in taxes at the end of the year!!!!

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
It is really geared towards..
Swat teams and law enforcement groups from all around the WORLD to come here to Virginia and train in their scenario range. I went to the meetings and heard the pitches. If you have that kind of money.. great.

Some other things that bothered me:

No loaded firearms beyond the front gate (except for Law Enforcement).

Backround check on all members..

First 10 memberships sold:

Individual
- $30,000 lifetime initiation fee plus, monthly dues of $350, and this includes one locker

Family- $50,000 lifetime initiation fee plus, monthly dues of $325 per locker. you may have up to 2lockers

after the first ten are sold the price goes up.

Second 10 memberships sold:

Individual - $40,000 lifetime initiation fee plus, monthly dues of $350, and this includes one locker

Family - $60,000 lifetime initiation fee plus, monthly dues of $325 per locker. you may have up to 2 lockers

after the second ten are sold the price goes up to the normal selling price in which it will stay until the founders membership tier is retired in 2009.

Normal Selling Price:

Individual - $50,000 lifetime initiation fee plus, monthly dues of $350, and this includes one locker

Family - $75,000 lifetime initiation fee plus, monthly dues of $325 per locker. you may have up to 2 lockers.

LEO 229

imported post

ed wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Swat teams and law enforcement groups from all around the WORLD to come here to Virginia and train in their scenario range. I went to the meetings and heard the pitches. If you have that kind of money.. great.

...snipped
SWAT teams may train there... but I doubt they have monthly memberships.

The cost far exceeds what you are going to get out of the place if you are there just to shoot.

Keeping in mind... this is a club and not just a shooting range.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

The had a full page add in the local connection paper.. It read like a gold ad.. Something like come go a few rounds.. etc.. and had a photo of a mag with a couple of rounds in front of the mag too.. Looked like 22LR.

Ed

67GT390FB

imported post

ed wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

First 10 memberships sold:

Individual
- $30,000 lifetime initiation fee plus, monthly dues of $350, and this includes one locker

Family- $50,000 lifetime initiation fee plus, monthly dues of $325 per locker. you may have up to 2lockers

after the first ten are sold the price goes up.

Second 10 memberships sold:

Individual - $40,000 lifetime initiation fee plus, monthly dues of $350, and this includes one locker

Family - $60,000 lifetime initiation fee plus, monthly dues of $325 per locker. you may have up to 2 lockers

after the second ten are sold the price goes up to the normal selling price in which it will stay until the founders membership tier is retired in 2009.

Normal Selling Price:

Individual - $50,000 lifetime initiation fee plus, monthly dues of $350, and this includes one locker

Family - $75,000 lifetime initiation fee plus, monthly dues of $325 per locker. you may have up to 2 lockers.
actually background checks are pretty common for "memberships" at ranges, most will waive the check if you have a valid chp as that proves you've passed a background check already. It cuts down on the possibility of one of your "members" being arrested and being exposed as a convicted felon who by the way is a member of such and such gun club when the story hits the papers. Most of the rent as you go ranges don't have this but "clubs" appear to.