• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone ever heard of the "Silver Eagle Group"

nousdefions794

wchiang

imported post

ed wrote:
http://www.silvereagle-group.com/

OPEN HOUSE December 6th and 7th. 10AM - 9PM

Free Day Passes - Free Range Time - Membership Specials
The fiancee and I will probably be dropping by sometime on Saturday looking for freebies. I doubt I will get any range time in as it sounds like these are the type of people who would frown upon me dumping spectacular amount of rounds with my ak...

SaltH2OHokie

razor_baghdad

imported post

I shot there yesterday and would recommend the drive to Ashburn for a free day at the range. You will not be disappointed!

The ranges inside the building are top-quality as suggested by the membership prices..:?but I'm sure some fairly good deals can be made with management for top quality shooters and 'arrangements' made forrange time. :cool:.

The 'pre' grand opening was televised on Foxnews yesterday morning...but was cut short due to technical problems,....there were about 3 short clips on at around 0715-0800...anyone find the links?

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

ASHBURN, Va., Nov. 12 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Silver Eagle Group Training Facility & Private Club - a first-of-its-kind venue offering the most comprehensive self-defense education and elite training in the nation - all housed in a luxurious, amenity-filled environment - will celebrate its opening with free training, demonstrations and public tours December 6-7 at its Ashburn, Va., location on 44620 Guilford Drive in the Beaumeade Industrial Park.

Hours for the December 6-7 public opening are from 10 AM - 9 PM. For additional information or to learn more about membership opportunities, please call 703-245-9649 or visit http://www.SilverEagle-Group.com]http://www.SilverEagle-Group.com[/url].

The membership club introduces a level of service and amenities that, until now, were not available in the world of shooting sports.

"This is the ultimate destination for the avid shooter, executive sportsman, training enthusiast and novice to advance their skills, practice their sport and enjoy a comfortable and luxurious environment in the process," said Scott Marquez, Silver Eagle Group's president who has overseen the project since its inception.

Highlights of this unique, privately funded club include:

Code:
    --  Two 25-yard ranges; one fully tactical
    --  One 50-yard range
    --  22,000 square foot "Scenario Area" featuring a variety of
        realistic training environments, including a single-family
        home, school, vehicle movement area, office, bar/nightclub, and
        more; also enables rappelling, low-light based training, family
        safety training and day/night vision video recording

Code:
    --  Concierge service
    --  Private locker rooms
    --  Coffee bar with food service
    --  Multi-purpose classrooms
    --  Health Club
    --  Board Room
    --  Executive Lounge
    --  Merchandise area covering more than 6,000 square feet carrying
        accessories and gear
    --  Firearm cleaning, storage vault and on-site armorer services
    --  Internet access
    --  Auto cleaning service

Designed and vetted by the Silver Eagle Group Tactical Instructors - exclusively from U.S. Special Operations - this self-defense training facility offers the private sector an opportunity to maximize self-defense and firearms proficiency through knowledge and training - all in an environmentally safe structure.

Also benefiting from this top-notch facility will be local and state law enforcement officials who will receive free training as part of an introduction to the facility.

"To be able to train our personnel in an environment such as this is just priceless," said Scott York, chairman of the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors. "This is without question the right time for this facility. It will serve as a tremendous benefit for both law enforcement officials and the public we serve."

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ed wrote:
"To be able to train our personnel in an environment such as this is just priceless," said Scott York, chairman of the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors. "This is without question the right time for this facility. It will serve as a tremendous benefit for both law enforcement officials and the public we serve."
My kind of County Supervisor!

Wish I could avail myself of this opportunity for it is well beyond my daily reach.

Yata hey

razor_baghdad

imported post

Ed....great PR post....it's be worth anyone's time to check SEG out....but I was kinda lookn for the Foxnews link as I'm in it....lolol

GS....nuther great post and you need to make the next meet there....great ranges....picture Gilberts x 1000, but with an indoor scenario CQB shoothouse, H2H room, lots and lots of space, cigars, fireplace, leather....gun-cases full of top-quality armament...the list goes on....

Mosdef worth a free visit....;)

wchiang

imported post

n6202368_40103008_948.jpg

n6202368_40103017_3637.jpg

n6202368_40103029_7440.jpg

n6202368_40103021_4873.jpg

n1514703_37828950_7697.jpg

Some more here: http://wanusmaximus.livejournal.com/1344514.html

razor_baghdad

imported post

I am glad you took a picture of this sign.

Although weapons need to be secured / UNLOADEDwhen entering the facility as per owners orders, weapons do not have to be be secured / UNLOADED [ie....lock box] in vehicles when departing the facility.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

razor_baghdad wrote:
I am glad you took a picture of this sign.

Although weapons need to be secured / UNLOADEDwhen entering the facility as per owners orders, weapons do not have to be be secured / UNLOADED [ie....lock box] in vehicles when departing the facility.

OC in Va states that OC weapons [pistols] while being transported may be loaded (1 in the pipe) ready for bare, as long as the weapon is visible to the occupants of the vehicle.

{cite?}

Anyone can pipe in here as needed.

I may see some of you there......

;););)
Funny thing is.. I missed that sign until I came out... LOL. Once inside and I read the real RULES.. it said something like firearms must be carried unloaded in a case with the action open blah blah blah blah OR holstered. A friend of mine was looking at a Kimber and told the guy behind the counter.. LIKE HIS and pointed to my hip. The clerk asked if he could see it and I said that I would rather not hand it over as it was in condition 1 and we were not in a live ammo handling area. Other than that.. he did not say a word. I got my tour from the president (Scott) and his father (the CEO). They did say that "kids" had to be 12 to shoot so I asked about Bullseye Brookie shooting there (she just turned 11) and they said the "12" was just a guideline. :)

Ed

wchiang

imported post

I was open carrying my 1911 and nobody said anything. I even got to talk to the CEO who didn't think much of it either.

razor_baghdad

imported post

rlh2005 wrote:
Hmmm, saying "should be unloaded" is a suggestion and not a rule/command/order.

Great point!! Mine stays loaded.

Passed by Silver Eagle this past weekend. Classes scheduled are inexpensive and valuable.

Don't let the membership prices scare you away. With the upcoming weather, indoor range prices are comparable to any other gunshop in the area:

[shadow=black]Silver Eagle Group[/shadow]in Ashburn, Virginia has announced our December course schedule.

We have begun our training courses for December,

All courses start at 10 am, duration of course is dictated by level enrolled.

Dec. 20th, 21st, 27th and 28th. (Saturday and Sunday)

Pistol 101
Firearms basics, Pistol
One-hour introductory courses are designed to offer a friendly, stirring,
yet informative introduction to the world of shooting. heavy on weapons
handling and familiarization, this is an excellent way to take the first step
towards a new pursuit.
$50
1 hour

Pistol 110
Half day introduction to firearms, pistol
Fast-paced and exciting, the half-day courses offer basic concepts of
dynamic weapons craft. Focusing on tactics and techniques that support
the realistic use of a given weapons system (pistol in this course), these
are excellent steps to the more involved 120-level and equivalent
courses, or as a training review for skilled shooters.
$125
4 hours

Pistol 120
Full day introduction to firearms, pistol
One-day courses are for those interested in mastering the finer deta ils
of weapons handling. Great as a first step or as a refresher, these
courses are progressive in difficulty and heavy on skill development while
still maintaining a high degree of fast-paced tactical dynamics and
problem solving.
$250
8 hours

If you have any questions please feel free to visit our website at[url]http://www.SilverEagle-group.com[/url]or call us directly at 703-723-5173