• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

getting along with others

Machoduck

imported post

I notice that brokenarrows said, just after the link, "thoughts I think would be nice to understand."

Brokenarrows, I think that the only way to truly understand the modernized passages you quoted is to try living them day to day and constantly compare your results to what you considered your "target". Another way to get the passages' meanings is to apply your (present) understanding of what they mean to the stories of encounters that can be found here on OCDO. You'll begin to see why I used the term (present) because your understanding will grow from month to month and later, from year to year.

An example would be to compare Proverbs 6:2 to a lawyers advice not to talk to the police. OCDO should be a hotbed of source material on this one. Your OP seems to be an outline for a pretty good sermon. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to flesh out the sermon with your own experiences and observations.

MD

thx997303

imported post

You know, here you have to "get along" with a lot of people.

some people get along with others so well, they'll give them a "bath"

Yeah, we all remember Full Metal Jacket.

A lot of people "slip" in the shower too. Can't figure that one out.

But I don't get along with anyone that well.

thx997303

imported post

Oh yeah!

Don't worry, you probably never ran into "Position of Potato! Move!"

"What are you doing!? I want the position of Potato! Why aren't you at the position of Potato!?"