Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Pizza Delivery Self Defense Story

Post imported post

This time in TX.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,443822,00.html

LUFKIN, Texas— A pizza delivery man who was taking an order to a house in East Texas pulled out a gun and opened fire on two would-be robbers, police said.[/b]

One of the alleged robbers was hospitalized after getting shot in the back, Lufkin police said. The Papa John's pizza delivery man, who's licensed to carry a handgun, wasn't hurt.

The shooting was Tuesday night, after the delivery man walked up to a house and rang a doorbell, Lufkin police said. It turned out the house was vacant and two armed men approached him from the side of the house, The Lufkin Daily News reported Thursday. The delivery man drew a .22 caliber Derringer and fired two shots, and the assailants ran away, police said.

It appears unlikely the delivery man will face any charges since he "was defending himself at the time of the shooting," Lufkin Police Lt. David Young said.

A call placed to the restaurant and a call to the chain's corporate headquarters in Louisville, Ky., weren't immediately returned Thursday.

Police said Johnx R. Greer, 18, was arrested at a hospital where he was treated for a gunshot wound to the back. He's been charged with aggravated robbery and was being held in the Angelina County Jail on a $100,000 bond. His attorney, John Tunnell, did not return a call Thursday.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

How is 'JohnX' pronounced, like Junque?

Post imported post

God Bless Texas!

Post imported post

I'm interested to see what Papa John's does...
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Papa John use only the freshest bullets in thier derringers. :celebrate

Post imported post

Papa Johns, better bullets-better SD

Post imported post

I swear, if PJ's fires this worker, I will never eat their pizza agin. They are the only place I order from so I hope they do the right thing.

Post imported post

Well, I know the PJ in Bridgewater has a no-weapon policy (that they never mention to anyone).

Not that I ever listened to it when I worked there a while back.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    I swear, if PJ's fires this worker, I will never eat their pizza agin. They are the only place I order from so I hope they do the right thing.
    I doubt the dude will get fired. It's Texas!

Post imported post

I used to work for PJ's many years ago. Their policy is absolutely no weapons. My manager threatened to fire me because he noticed my boot knife one day (I always wore steel toe Doc Marten's and carried a boot knife, didn't own a handgun at the time). I told him that I carried it in case I was attacked by a dog, his response was that I should let the dog maul me then sue the owner.

At any rate, the driver will most likely be fired, but pizza delivery jobs are a dime a dozen. He still has his life, he can get another job.

just my .02

Post imported post

builtjeep wrote:
    I used to work for PJ's many years ago. Their policy is absolutely no weapons. My manager threatened to fire me because he noticed my boot knife one day (I always wore steel toe Doc Marten's and carried a boot knife, didn't own a handgun at the time). I told him that I carried it in case I was attacked by a dog, his response was that I should let the dog maul me then sue the owner.

At any rate, the driver will most likely be fired, but pizza delivery jobs are a dime a dozen. He still has his life, he can get another job.

just my .02
    Where are you located? I take it somewhere other than Texas.

Post imported post

Virginia, so no, not texas. I've worked for all of the big chain pizza places, and all of them have a no weapons policy for employees, it's a corporate policy, so I would assume it to be the same nationwide. I'm not saying I agree with it, or that I ever followed it (Kept a .357 in my car when I worked for Little Caesar's), or even that it's always enforced. My manager at LC's knew I had a gun, she also knew that I was the one most often sent into the hood on the evening shifts. PJ's on the other hand, I worked at 5 different locations through high school and a couple years after, and at least here in VA their managers were pretty strict about no weapons, actually they were pretty strict with all of the store policies.

Post imported post

The folks I work for have a Strict no guns policy... I CC EVERY DAY.

FreeFlight

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice."
    - John Adams

And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms....The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson in a letter to William S. Smith in 1787. Taken from Jefferson, On Democracy 20, S. Padover ed., 1939

Free Flight

Post imported post

I LIKE that quote by Mr. Adams there.

Post imported post

I do too abno. It has to be my all time favorite...

FreeFlight

And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms....The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson in a letter to William S. Smith in 1787. Taken from Jefferson, On Democracy 20, S. Padover ed., 1939

Free Flight

Post imported post

I often wonder just what kind of brow beating would happen to today's politicians if the founding fathers were around to see what has been done to the US.

Many of the FF's quotes imply they brooked no evil, tolerated little stupidity/idiocy, and rarely suffered fools gladly.

Some of those quotes follow the pihlosophy of "Say what you mean, Mean what you say and Say it mean."

Of course nowadays they would likely be regarded as quaint old fools ignorant of the problems & trials facing the nation today and thus be ridiculed and ignored.

Post imported post

"Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Post imported post

Your life is more important than unconstitutional laws and feel-good policies. It has gotten to the point where if a place has a posted no-weapons sign but no guard with a wand or metal detector, that pretty much means conceal your gun well and keep your mouth shut. In bars and government buildings they might have storage lockers or let you check them in but I really don't trust that either. The one time you desparately need your gun will be the time when it is locked up in the storage locker where you can't get to it and the rent-a-cop will be long gone.

Post imported post

SFCRetired wrote:
    I've never worked pizza delivery but have worked convenience stores. All of those places have a "no weapons" policy and their advice is, "don't resist, just give them the money and they'll go away."

Not two days after the owner of the chain I worked for got through going over that crap again, a young man in one of our stores was brutally murdered after having given up the money. The store video showed him on his knees, begging for his life.

Of the three vicious little thugs involved, I knew two of them and had chased one out of the store numerous times!!

The day after that murder is the day I started carrying on the job.
    One of my best friends dad owns convenience stores. We live in a rough part of town and they all either OC, or CC. With some extras laying in certain spots of the stores. I would never own a convenience store with a strict no weapons policy, thats suicude.

Post imported post

Oh, owning one wouldn't be the problem. You'd just have to make sure you were never there.

Post imported post

MetalChris wrote:
    nakedshoplifter wrote:
    I doubt the dude will get fired. It's Texas!
    The can't open carry state that has many sanctuary cities! Wow they have it together there! I have lived there for about 3 years and they are not all there.

Post imported post

Evil Ernie wrote:
    The shooting was Tuesday night, after the delivery man walked up to a house and rang a doorbell, Lufkin police said. It turned out the house was vacant and two armed men approached him from the side of the house, The Lufkin Daily News reported Thursday. The delivery man drew a .22 caliber Derringer and fired two shots, and the assailants ran away, police said.

It appears unlikely the delivery man will face any charges since he "was defending himself at the time of the shooting," Lufkin Police Lt. David Young said.
    Pizza delivery into the hood is a dangerous gig.

Good for the delivery man on this one.

Let's hope the guy can get an upgrade in his carry weapon.

Post imported post

I have worked pizza delivery before and i really enjoyed the experience i got from it. I only had one wierd call in the 1 1/2 i worked there. Someone asked us to deliver the pizza to the crossroads of this residential area. So i meet him at the intersection and we trade paper for dough and tomatoe paste.

I never got hastled, but i got invited to alot of parties. Also delivering to a house where a really nice looking lady answers the door in her underwear can make for a good day.

Post imported post

I am calling Papa Johns Thurs or Fri to see if this guy was fired. If he was, then I suggest that we do a Papa Johns letter writing campaign. If any of y'all are in Texas and want to do a protest in front of this Papa John's, let me know (either post or PM) and I'll arrange a date. I'll let y'all know what Papa John's response by posting here after I call them. I'll let you know, so stay tuned.

I'm already boycotting Domino's and Pizza Hut for firing pizza delivery drivers who've saved their own lives by using legal firearm self-defense. I sure hope that Papa John's doesn't fire this kid or I'll have to start learning how to make my own pizza!

Post imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
    Papa John use only the freshest bullets in thier derringers.Â* :celebrate

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast