Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 174

Thread: VOTE 2008

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,863

    Post imported post

    TIME TO PUT YOUR WORDS TO ACTION.

    Get out there and vote.

    I'm endorsing:


    Dino Rossi (re-elect the right man!)

    Dave Reichert for Congress, 8th District (This guy needs our help bad, Burner has crawled into the lead and Reichert needs television money and more importantly he needs your vote if you live in the 8th District.)

    Doc Hastings for Congress, 4th District

    Cathy McMorris Rodgers for Congress, 5th District


    In the 5th Legislative District (MY District):

    Cheryl Pflug
    Glenn Anderson
    Jay Rodne



    WRITE IN: For Pierce County Sheriff: Bill Burris



    And of course: NObama...


    Pull the lever for McCain (hold your nose) and ESPECIALLY Palin

    The strategy here is to keep an Obama White House from putting more anti-gun liberals on the Supreme Court and federal courts. The only way to guarantee that is to make sure there is no Obama White House in 2009.



    A vote for NObama..

    OR A VOTE FOR SOME 3RD PARTY CANDIDATE

    means a vote to overturn the Supreme Court's Heller ruling. It could not be plainer than that.


    That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,327

    Post imported post

    Well then, for Congress 6th District: Doug Cloud. (I usually vote against Norm Dicks anyway, the only recent exception being when the R. candidate appeared to be almost a 9/11 truther-type, but good grief--did you realize Dicks has an F rating from the NRA?)

    State 28th District:

    Re-elect Mike Carrell to the Senate, he's completely pro-gun-rights.
    House (1): Dave Dooley
    House (2): Denise McCluskey (a personal acquaintance of mine
    and very much a good gal!)



  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,863

    Post imported post

    kparker wrote:
    Well then, for Congress 6th District: Doug Cloud. (I usually vote against Norm Dicks anyway, the only recent exception being when the R. candidate appeared to be almost a 9/11 truther-type, but good grief--did you realize Dicks has an F rating from the NRA?)

    State 28th District:

    Re-elect Mike Carrell to the Senate, he's completely pro-gun-rights.
    House (1): Dave Dooley
    House (2): Denise McCluskey (a personal acquaintance of mine
    and very much a good gal!)

    Well, regarding Normie... that is one explanation why he doesn't appear on MY list!





  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    160

    Post imported post

    Snohomish co.
    Prez. - Bob Barr
    Gov. - Dino Rossi
    Something else - Rob McKenna
    Congress - Whoever was running against Larsen (Can't remember)
    Jud. - Had no choice
    Other stuff, Can't remember

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Moscow, ID
    Posts
    384

    Post imported post

    bluer1 wrote:
    Snohomish co.
    Prez. - Bob Barr
    Gov. - Dino Rossi
    Something else - Rob McKenna
    Congress - Whoever was running against Larsen (Can't remember)
    Jud. - Had no choice
    Other stuff, Can't remember
    This is basically me except I'm writing in Ron Paul since I donated the max and I'm still bitter that my retarded party didn't nominate the one guy that could have spoken to the current economic crisis.

    Rossi
    Hope
    McKenna
    etc



  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Moscow, ID
    Posts
    384

    Post imported post

    btw whoever says to vote for mccain to keep obama out of the white house... I understand where you're coming from, but obama is polling 15% ahead of mccain in this state, and is in no danger here.

    You might as well vote your principles at this point, at least you'll be a loser that actually voted for what you believe in instead of a loser that didn't even do that much.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,863

    Post imported post

    thewise1 wrote:
    btw whoever says to vote for mccain to keep obama out of the white house... I understand where you're coming from, but obama is polling 15% ahead of mccain in this state, and is in no danger here.

    You might as well vote your principles at this point, at least you'll be a loser that actually voted for what you believe in instead of a loser that didn't even do that much.
    Wrong.

    Who the hell said Obama has this state locked up? The guy who figures that people like you will "vote their principle" instead of voting for their liberty.

    No insult meant, but this sort of logic is predictable, especially to the other side. They count on folks like us to "vote our principle" and thus essentially give them one more vote.

    This year, this time, vote freedom.



    Unless you want to go on thinking like a loser. That's up to you. Nothing is a given. Nothing is "written."



  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Moscow, ID
    Posts
    384

    Post imported post

    Dave Workman wrote:
    Wrong.

    Who the hell said Obama has this state locked up? The guy who figures that people like you will "vote their principle" instead of voting for their liberty.

    No insult meant, but this sort of logic is predictable, especially to the other side. They count on folks like us to "vote our principle" and thus essentially give them one more vote.

    This year, this time, vote freedom.



    Unless you want to go on thinking like a loser. That's up to you. Nothing is a given. Nothing is "written."

    If you want me to vote freedom, then why are you suggesting I vote McCain?

    Guns aren't the only freedom, sir.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,327

    Post imported post

    Dave,

    As I said, I almost always vote for Dicks' (sacrificial-lamb) challenger, unless he appears to be an actual nutcase.

    I was just surprised by the F rating--I never bothered looking, as I was voting against him anyway, but he has always seemed to me to be a lunch-pail, fairly pro-defense Democrat (look at our district--Ft Lewis, Camp Murray, Madigan, McChord AFB, PSNS, and perhaps Bangor though the latter may be in district 1) rather than Jim McDermitt's soul mate.



  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,327

    Post imported post

    Thewise1,
    If you want me to vote freedom, then why are you suggesting I vote McCain
    If I may inject my take in the matter...

    "Freedom" isn't an absolute, all-or-nothing proposition. It's a continuum. You can have more freedom, or less (and actually it's not a single continuum, as you note: "guns aren't the only freedom".)

    And sure, McCain is fairly dreadful, no question about that. His name is on one of the most unconstitutional pieces of legislation passed in recent history, after all.

    But the choice in this election is not between McCain and Nobody, it's between him and Obama. So please explain to me what Obama will do to give you more freedom, in any area, than McCain. Freedom of speech? GMAB, it's the O campain that's been threatening people with that; it's the D's overall that keep talking about reviving the "fairness doctrine", etc.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Moscow, ID
    Posts
    384

    Post imported post

    kparker wrote:
    Thewise1,
    If you want me to vote freedom, then why are you suggesting I vote McCain
    If I may inject my take in the matter...

    "Freedom" isn't an absolute, all-or-nothing proposition. It's a continuum. You can have more freedom, or less (and actually it's not a single continuum, as you note: "guns aren't the only freedom".)

    And sure, McCain is fairly dreadful, no question about that. His name is on one of the most unconstitutional pieces of legislation passed in recent history, after all.

    But the choice in this election is not between McCain and Nobody, it's between him and Obama. So please explain to me what Obama will do to give you more freedom, in any area, than McCain. Freedom of speech? GMAB, it's the O campain that's been threatening people with that; it's the D's overall that keep talking about reviving the "fairness doctrine", etc.
    Neither will give me freedom, and both will take it away. Don't get me wrong; I don't support Obama.

    Speaking in a pragmatic fashion, Obama will win. I can cite polls, I can cite my gut check, or I can just predict arbitrarily, but whether I like it or not, he's going to win this state, and my vote isn't going to change that.

    What I can do, however, by refusing to vote for McCain, and voting my principles instead, is to deny the national Republican party a mandate for their piss poor platform. The harder they lose this election, the more they will need to look at their policies and go from big government, ignoring the constitution, and trying to control people's lives back to a small, constitutional government that isn't out to outlaw everything under the sun, instead choosing to outlaw those things that actually harm the property rights of others.

    Since McCain can't win this state at this point, I'll take the booby prize and deny the Republicans their right to brag about their horrible national platform and choice of candidates.

    Sorry this went so long. Definitely not trying to troll up the boards with politics. Gun rights are very important to me - don't get me wrong. I wish we could defeat Obama in this state as well, but it's not going to happen.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Union, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,256

    Post imported post

    thewise1 wrote:
    btw whoever says to vote for mccain to keep obama out of the white house... I understand where you're coming from, but obama is polling 15% ahead of mccain in this state, and is in no danger here.

    You might as well vote your principles at this point, at least you'll be a loser that actually voted for what you believe in instead of a loser that didn't even do that much.
    You believe the polls put out by the media? Not very wise!

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Moscow, ID
    Posts
    384

    Post imported post

    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    thewise1 wrote:
    btw whoever says to vote for mccain to keep obama out of the white house... I understand where you're coming from, but obama is polling 15% ahead of mccain in this state, and is in no danger here.

    You might as well vote your principles at this point, at least you'll be a loser that actually voted for what you believe in instead of a loser that didn't even do that much.
    You believe the polls put out by the media? Not very wise!
    If the result is even within 5% on election day - in Washington state - I will personally buy you a beer and admit I'm wrong.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    160

    Post imported post

    My take on third party voting is this. I'm very happy for you guys that vote McCain, I think he's OK. But the reason I voted Barr is because he represents how I feel on ALL the issues. I honestly would have voted McCain if he changed just 2 things.

    1.) He says he is against Lobbyists and special interest group spending, yet I saw him up there on stage with Obama and Clinton kissing AIPAC's feet as has become the standard to become a candidate. No Go.

    2.) Immigration, he along with Obama has sold the american majority out on this issue. Have you noticed that this is a major issue for people yet there was NO mention of it in the debates? ANY candidate that would have put ANY sort of effort into this issue ala Tancredo, would get my vote and would have had a wealth of support from both sides of the public. No Go.

    I understand the "Lesser of two evils" voting method, but I can't bring myself to vote for anyone that would not even so much as recognize some of the major problems in this country.

    3.) This one is extra credit, voting no on the bailout. Neither did.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Union, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,256

    Post imported post

    thewise1 wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    thewise1 wrote:
    btw whoever says to vote for mccain to keep obama out of the white house... I understand where you're coming from, but obama is polling 15% ahead of mccain in this state, and is in no danger here.

    You might as well vote your principles at this point, at least you'll be a loser that actually voted for what you believe in instead of a loser that didn't even do that much.
    You believe the polls put out by the media? Not very wise!
    If the result is even within 5% on election day - in Washington state - I will personally buy you a beer and admit I'm wrong.
    Well, since I quit drink alcohol more than 40 years ago, I'll pass. But it's the third party vote that hurt the Republican canidates most.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,863

    Post imported post

    kparker wrote:
    Dave,

    As I said, I almost always vote for Dicks' (sacrificial-lamb) challenger, unless he appears to be an actual nutcase.

    I was just surprised by the F rating--I never bothered looking, as I was voting against him anyway, but he has always seemed to me to be a lunch-pail, fairly pro-defense Democrat (look at our district--Ft Lewis, Camp Murray, Madigan, McChord AFB, PSNS, and perhaps Bangor though the latter may be in district 1) rather than Jim McDermitt's soul mate.

    Dicks has never supported gun rights. He may talk a good fight, but so did Joe Biden the other week when he told some goober down in South Carolina, IIRC, that "nobody would take away his Beretta shotgun."

    Sheesh!

    I read your other post and you are spot on. We're not talking about McCain's opponent being just some other guy, we're talking about a fellow who represents or has represented everything people on this forum seem to oppose. Gun control, gun registration, handgun bans, AW/EBR bans, take your pick.

    Obama, give him credit, is a marvelous and inspirational public speaker. But good diction does not a leader make.

    But Obama at the head of a Democrat party that rules Washington DC, with people like Pelosi, Schumer, Clinton, Dodd, and even ailing Ted Kennedy at the helm should be considered a perfect nightmare for people who claim to value their firearm civil rights.

    But perhaps you and I are mistaken about people here. Perhaps there is just wind, people who would rather fall on their swords (or at lest claim to) than use those swords decisively, surgically, at the ballot box, in the legislatures and city councils, in the letters to the editor columns, to protect the liberty they have.

    Last year, I did a book "America Fights Back: Armed Self-Defense in a Violent Age" that sold pretty well on Amazon and a few other places. It was about the one thing that sets Americans apart from all the other people on the planet: We're fighters. We fight back. And as we prove here all too often, some would rather fight amongst themselves than to unite against a common foe.

    Alas, there seem to be far too many who are willing to throw in the towel, declare themselves losers, perhaps just to assure they will have something about which to complain tomorrow as they complain today.

    Maybe gun rights activists need to think of themselves as defenders of the Alamo, or Bataan...we're buying time for the rest of the nation to come to its senses. A "holding action" that must be fought, using our wits and uncanny luck, guts and whatever political savvy we have accumulated.

    We're in trouble. Some of us recognize it, others don't. If the polls are right, in about 6-8 months, we're ALL going to know just how much trouble we're in.

    We have the ability to stop it now, and stop it cold. McCain was not my first choice, not my last choice, even though his record on gun rights isn't all that bad (if you overlook McCain Lieberman). Right now, he's the only serious option we have to keep the Supreme Court and Federal Courts from being seriously altered for our lifetimes.

    Bob Barr is a friend of mine but he hasn't got a prayer, and right now, we don't have the luxury of "sending a message" by voting for him. I'd be delighted to elect a Congress of libertarian-minded types, conservative Republicans and pro-gun Democrats. I'd be equally delighted to win the lottery, but that ain't gonna happen, either.

    These people think they finally have us. They're probably already planning a victory party for the day they strike down Heller, and pass legislation to "reasonably regulate" our gun rights out of existence.

    Well they don't have me, and they don't have you. They won't have us unless we give up and start acting like the fools they think we are.

    It's up to you.



  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Union, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,256

    Post imported post

    bluer1 wrote:
    My take on third party voting is this. I'm very happy for you guys that vote McCain, I think he's OK. But the reason I voted Barr is because he represents how I feel on ALL the issues. I honestly would have voted McCain if he changed just 2 things.

    1.) He says he is against Lobbyists and special interest group spending, yet I saw him up there on stage with Obama and Clinton kissing AIPAC's feet as has become the standard to become a candidate. No Go.

    2.) Immigration, he along with Obama has sold the american majority out on this issue. Have you noticed that this is a major issue for people yet there was NO mention of it in the debates? ANY candidate that would have put ANY sort of effort into this issue ala Tancredo, would get my vote and would have had a wealth of support from both sides of the public. No Go.

    I understand the "Lesser of two evils" voting method, but I can't bring myself to vote for anyone that would not even so much as recognize some of the major problems in this country.

    3.) This one is extra credit, voting no on the bailout. Neither did.
    So your reasoning is since McCain is behind in the polls,you wouldrather than bolster his numbers with your vote, you will vote for Barr, who hasn't any chance at all of winning and by doing so insure obama's election to the Presidency. There by insuring that your gun and Constitutional rights will be hammered in the next 4 years. Wow! FYI and don't really like McCain and would prefer a truly viable candidate, but the people of this country missed their chance of a third party win when the passed on Perot.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Moscow, ID
    Posts
    384

    Post imported post

    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    Well, since I quit drink alcohol more than 40 years ago, I'll pass. But it's the third party vote that hurt the Republican canidates most.
    Errm... Sorry man. I had a nagging feeling as I posted that, that I might have said something wrong but couldn't place it. I apologize and hope you know that it was not meant in a bad way.

    As for the comment about third party voters... if Republicans would just go back to their small, constitutional government, free market, free enterprise roots, I would be all over it. But even as a Republican precinct committee officer, I have no interest in supporting the current national platform.

    Locally I'm pretty gung ho about some of our options, though.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Union, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,256

    Post imported post

    thewise1 wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    Well, since I quit drink alcohol more than 40 years ago, I'll pass. But it's the third party vote that hurt the Republican canidates most.
    Errm... Sorry man. I had a nagging feeling as I posted that, that I might have said something wrong but couldn't place it. I apologize and hope you know that it was not meant in a bad way.

    As for the comment about third party voters... if Republicans would just go back to their small, constitutional government, free market, free enterprise roots, I would be all over it. But even as a Republican precinct committee officer, I have no interest in supporting the current national platform.

    Locally I'm pretty gung ho about some of our options, though.
    Don't worry about the alcohol thing. It isn't a problem. Don't get me wrong, I don't like either major party and think they should be abolished as they represent no one except themselfs to obtain power. For proof of that statement, look at this years candidates.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    160

    Post imported post

    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    bluer1 wrote:
    So your reasoning is since McCain is behind in the polls,you wouldrather than bolster his numbers with your vote, you will vote for Barr, who hasn't any chance at all of winning and by doing so insure obama's election to the Presidency. There by insuring that your gun and Constitutional rights will be hammered in the next 4 years. Wow! FYI and don't really like McCain and would prefer a truly viable candidate, but the people of this country missed their chance of a third party win when the passed on Perot.
    I already *did* vote for Barr My family (dems) said the same thing to me last time, but it was about Kerry's loss. I feel that I should be able to vote for a third party, I DID fight for our country and my rights. Voting from the heart has been completely lost in this country, the two party thing sickens me. If no-one voted anything other than Dem/Rep nothing would ever change. I do respect your opinion though, at least you're voting right?

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Union, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,256

    Post imported post

    bluer1 wrote:
    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    bluer1 wrote:
    So your reasoning is since McCain is behind in the polls,you wouldrather than bolster his numbers with your vote, you will vote for Barr, who hasn't any chance at all of winning and by doing so insure obama's election to the Presidency. There by insuring that your gun and Constitutional rights will be hammered in the next 4 years. Wow! FYI and don't really like McCain and would prefer a truly viable candidate, but the people of this country missed their chance of a third party win when the passed on Perot.
    I already *did* vote for Barr My family (dems) said the same thing to me last time, but it was about Kerry's loss. I feel that I should be able to vote for a third party, I DID fight for our country and my rights. Voting from the heart has been completely lost in this country, the two party thing sickens me. If no-one voted anything other than Dem/Rep nothing would ever change. I do respect your opinion though, at least you're voting right?
    I never said you couldn't vote as you wish. I just said you logic is flawed and that you are jeopardizing your rights in doing so this time. Kerry was a white obama and I'm amazed that people don't see that. As to change. Remember the major parties love stupid, uninformedand sheeple voters that vote as the party wants. Aka, slate voters. It's not gonna change until all the sheeple die off and the Liberals have insured that will never happen. I already voted too and it wasn't any slate vote either.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    160

    Post imported post

    Slate voters are indeed a cancer on this country. I am reminded of a old viking saying my grandfather taught me when I was young. It's about standing up for yourself in FULL or you get screwed.

    The coward believes he will live forever, If he holds back in the battle. But in old age he shall have no peace, Though spears have spared his limbs.

  23. #23
    Regular Member DEROS72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SEATAC, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,819

    Post imported post

    Dave Workman wrote:
    TIME TO PUT YOUR WORDS TO ACTION.

    Get out there and vote.

    I'm endorsing:


    Dino Rossi (re-elect the right man!)

    Dave Reichert for Congress, 8th District (This guy needs our help bad, Burner has crawled into the lead and Reichert needs television money and more importantly he needs your vote if you live in the 8th District.)

    Doc Hastings for Congress, 4th District

    Cathy McMorris Rodgers for Congress, 5th District


    In the 5th Legislative District (MY District):

    Cheryl Pflug
    Glenn Anderson
    Jay Rodne



    WRITE IN: For Pierce County Sheriff: Bill Burris



    And of course: NObama...


    Pull the lever for McCain (hold your nose) and ESPECIALLY Palin

    The strategy here is to keep an Obama White House from putting more anti-gun liberals on the Supreme Court and federal courts. The only way to guarantee that is to make sure there is no Obama White House in 2009.



    A vote for NObama..

    OR A VOTE FOR SOME 3RD PARTY CANDIDATE

    means a vote to overturn the Supreme Court's Heller ruling. It could not be plainer than that.


    That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
    I already did that Dave absentee ballot.Exactly as you outlined it....

  24. #24
    Regular Member knight_308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Renton, ,
    Posts
    173

    Post imported post

    I'm waiting to see if JSM closes in the polls any. If he does and stands a chance I'll vote for him. Otherwise I'm going with Baldwin. The Republicans need to learn that they don't get our vote automagically because they're less evil than the Democrats. Both of the mainstream presidential candidates have or have stated that they'll vote against guns and against freedom of speech. Both voted for the bailout. Both are leading toward socialism, one is just slower than the other.

    Were it not for Sarah Palin I wouldn't even consider McCain. If we're lucky they'll win and he'll keel over before the inauguration.

  25. #25
    Regular Member jbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    2,241

    Post imported post

    My mail in ballot was McCain

    This should refresh everyoneconsidering Obama

    http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/video.aspx?RsrcID=2036
    Iím proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •