• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Will you give up your guns?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
I will obey all applicable laws and comply with all applicable regulations while cooperating with the authorities, because I am a law-abiding citizen.
So, which law are you abiding by then?

The one that says you have a civil obligation to keep your government under control, and are empowered with the tools to do so?

Or the law of those who ignore the above, and are Traitors? If you obey a traitor's law, what are you?

The US of A is NOT a democracy for a damn good reason. Ignoring this fact is not merely a slippery slope, but an accepted convention of self-destruction that is well underway already.

To answer the question of the thread; will I give them my guns? Sure I will! BULLETS FIRST! Our freedom lasts only as long as our supply of ammunition, and ability to keep delivering it.

RollTideXD

imported post

When the Australia gun ban went into affect, hardware stores sold out of PVC piping and end caps because folks wrapped their guns and ammo in oilcloth and buried them in the yard. The ban worked in Britain and Australia because they no constitutional right to bear arms.

The fallout from an attempt at a nationwide gun ban would be too extreme for the future administration to risk. Instead, "O" will probably try to pass legislature that mirrors what he did to Chicago: limiting buys to one gun a month and restricting types of firearms that citizens can buy. Also, I have heard that he supports the serialization of ammunition which would make it prohibitively expensive. That being said, I agree with treekillerx that an unconstitutional law is not a law.

Tomahawk, are you saying that citizens who would resist such an unconstitutional law are acting illegaly and are not law-abiding?

SANDCREEK

imported post

As the saying goes - we all gotta die sooner or later. I'd rather die for a good cause than shrivel up in a hospice bed never having taken a stand for freedom. Bring on the storm troopers !

Let's just say I'd rather be on thisside of the issue (defending the Constitution)than be one of those delegated the task of going around confiscating guns in blatant violation of the Constitution. They will do so at their own peril.

No -I believe the other side is much smarter than that. They will strive to "gut" the RTKBA by burdening us with "legal" impediments, and more "regulation of interstate commerce" B.S.

Send the NRA , GOA, etc more money. They will be spending alot of time in court rooms defending the 2A - after Jan 20th, 2009.

suntzu

imported post

Maybe they won't come after the guns--because it would be next to impossible to confiscate the arms from every American who possesses them---BUT now here is a real chiller:

What if they go after the ammunition instead? The guns are really just expensive clubs without the ammunition....It would be easier to restrict the production and distribution of ammunition--say make it available ONLY to law enforcement and the military--oh and lets not forget mercernaries who work for places like Blackwater....

just a thought I would pass along...

Security means nothing without freedom.