Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Freedom will you give up your guns?

Post imported post

I am concern with the possibility of "O" getting into the White House. Would you give up your guns? Would you die for your rights? With the radical changes possible facing us what will you do when the power of the federal government or local police show up on your door step? Is it treason to fight for your 2nd amendment rights? i am afraid that we will be faced with these questions with an "O" presidency. What are your thoughts?

Post imported post

I unfortunately lost all my guns in the woods, so the jack booted thugs would be wasting their time busting down my door.

Post imported post

coachl wrote:
    I am concern with the possibility of "O" getting into the White House. Would you give up your guns? Would you die for your rights? With the radical changes possible facing us what will you do when the power of the federal government or local police show up on your door step? Is it treason to fight for your 2nd amendment rights? i am afraid that we will be faced with these questions with an "O" presidency. What are your thoughts?
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Banned

Post imported post

Someone already came by for my guns. Try the house next door.

Post imported post

I rather doubt anything of the sort will even be seriously proposed. The president doesn't make the laws, and unless both houses of congress end up with 2/3rds majorities of radicals, then I doubt much will change. Worst case? Possibly some effort to re-enact the AWB, but even that had a 'granfather' clause, so existing inventories wouldn't be affected - even assuming it passed. There doesn't seem to be much political will to take guns on in this political season, with all the other problems preoccupying everyone. JMO. It is an ongoing concern, of course, as are any and all other potential diminutions of our liberties.

-ljp

Post imported post

Legba wrote:
    I rather doubt anything of the sort will even be seriously proposed. The president doesn't make the laws, and unless both houses of congress end up with 2/3rds majorities of radicals, then I doubt much will change. Worst case? Possibly some effort to re-enact the AWB, but even that had a 'granfather' clause, so existing inventories wouldn't be affected - even assuming it passed. There doesn't seem to be much political will to take guns on in this political season, with all the other problems preoccupying everyone. JMO. It is an ongoing concern, of course, as are any and all other potential diminutions of our liberties.

-ljp
    I hope you're right but I have a bad feeling that you're not. We'll see.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Hopefully it will never come to that. But remember, the spark that ignited the American Revolution was arms confiscation.

If it ever comes to national confiscation, it is my fervent hope that the American spirit still beats in the hearts of enough of us to rise up, take up our arms, and send the bastards where they belong - hell comes immediately to mind.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Regular Member frommycolddeadhands's Avatar

Post imported post

Well, I reckon if it can happen in England and Germany it can happen here too. I don't think they would do an all out door collection like Katrina, I think they'll just slowly phase new laws that erode the second amendment rights away inch by inch. If I had a crystal ball, I'd probably say they'd slowly pass legislation to make open carry and conceal carry illegal without a permit. Then they'll slowly phase out the 'shall issue' permits and require a reason why you need one, which can be denied by a judge or a sherriff for whatever reason. Then come the gun lock requirements, and eventually that won't be enough so they'll go with the 'store unloaded, broken down, ammo separate, trigger lock engaged' rule. And each time they pass a new law it will make it easier for them in thefuture, because a generation from now won't even remember a time when they were allowed to carry a gun unless they were hunting, so they won't put up much of a fuss when the actual gun bans start popping up. If I had to guess, I'd say it'll happen so slowly that most people won't even notice the change. Kinda like how all the 1970 model cars were square and boxy looking, and the modern cars all have slick, rounded edges and wrap around headlights. It didn't happen overnight, it generally evolved around. Nobody really noticed the change until you set the two side by side and say "how did we get from THAT to THIS?"
    God is the one driving this stagecoach, I'm just riding shotgun.

Post imported post

thorvaldr wrote:
    I unfortunately lost all my guns in the woods, so the jack booted thugs would be wasting their time busting down my door.
    I had all mine on the boat in 300 feet of water when the accident happened. I hear saltwater is very bad for the bore of your weapon.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I've been told to watch first for a national registration program, since there is room in the Heller decision that would allow for that. After that, you know what always happens.......

Post imported post

I don't plan on giving up anything. J

I suggest we grab "President Palin" head for the New Independant Republic of Alaska and dig in.

Post imported post

I share your concern. Just read the latest issue of NRA's magazine. I hope everyone is a NRA member. Read Obama's record on guns. He even voted to ban standard magazines! Remember the supreme court vote regarding the second admendment was 5 to 4. The president appoints supreme court justices and can choose anti-gun ones. WE barely won, by ONE vote! That was with a pro-gun president in office!

If he wins, which I'm afraid that he will, I will start buying guns from individuals. They would have to search my entire house to find all of them. I think I'll start building some great spots to hide guns.

open4years

Post imported post

President Palin? Now there's a frightening thought.

Post imported post

I sold all of my guns years ago ... you're at the wrong house !

~~Springfield

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Don't worry. all you Anony Mouses.

No one will know who you are to know that you have guns.

And no one will know who are these mighty anonymous patriots are that stood so firmly against the Obamination of tyranny. Patriot Anony Mouse is virtual and toothless.

Banned

Post imported post

FogRider wrote:
    President Palin? Now there's a frightening thought.

"Oh geez!! Come on now Mr. FogRider! I'd make a great presidenty girly, dontchaknow! Up there in Alaska... maverick maverick maverick maverick... I can see Russia from here! Let me get back you on that one..."

Post imported post

Despite the fear the gun lobby instills or what a local AR salesman tells you, Barry won't take your guns, CAN'T take your guns and there is insufficient proof that there would be any reason to. Biden's AW ban did NOTHING, any changes in the laws require not a majority but a 2/3 majority and politicians like their cushy jobs. I doubt anything will happen to our ability to carry or own weapons. The fear campaigns some are running are merely self serving sales schemes to keep the money coming in.

Banned

Post imported post

GreenDrake wrote:
    Despite the fear the gun lobby instills or what a local AR salesman tells you, Barry won't take your guns, CAN'T take your guns and there is insufficient proof that there would be any reason to. Biden's AW ban did NOTHING, any changes in the laws require not a majority but a 2/3 majority and politicians like their cushy jobs. I doubt anything will happen to our ability to carry or own weapons. The fear campaigns some are running are merely self serving sales schemes to keep the money coming in.

Wow, I have someone else living in reality land with me.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

However fear campaigns, there is a significant chance that a super-majority will be achieved.

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    Hopefully it will never come to that. But remember, the spark that ignited the American Revolution was arms confiscation.

If it ever comes to national confiscation, it is my fervent hope that the American spirit still beats in the hearts of enough of us to rise up, take up our arms, and send the bastards where they belong - hell comes immediately to mind.
    The only one I see in this thread saying what they believe.

How about the rest of you, answer the question, will you shoot someone for a gun?

Post imported post

I would... In defense of the Constitution and the United States... no matter WHO they posed to represent. 'Been shot at in war before... No difference 'cept for the real estate.

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
    I would... In defense of the Constitution and the United States... no matter WHO they posed to represent. 'Been shot at in war before... No difference 'cept for the real estate.
    So, killing is good in defense of the Constituion, but not your home? I'm sure that you would want everyone that you shoot to live though, right? Otherwise you'd be the Devil himself, cause you shouldn't want anyone to die, for any reason.

I'm not pickin on ya Rebel, just voicing my opinion while it last.

Post imported post

Why would any person in their right mind, kill anybody, overan Amendment in theConstitution. I thought we should only shoot if we physically fear for our lives. Having the Government in control doesn't mean your life is in danger does it?

Edit: Btw, make sure you wear nice slacks and a polo when you're defending the Constitution, otherwise you'll upset people. You wouldn't want the church goin image of OC'ers tarnished.

Post imported post

Y'know.... there's been other governments that confiscated guns... and we know the consequences of dictatorships. So... if anyone... under color of 'law' contrary to the Constitution tried to sieze my legitimate property, deny me the right to self defense and... Shut me up in the process... The war begins here... at my front door. And yes... I would kill them in the national interest or for the common good (or die in the attempt). They are domestic enemies sent by an enemy occupier. I don't care what they call themselves or who they pose to represent. If you can't kill... dont carry a gun.

You fail to comprehend that the 2A (And the Constitution)is recognition of a pre-existing right... It does not grant Rights. Only declares that they exist and shall not be infringed.

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Post imported post

Yeah, but that "common good" pool is in small numbers here.

Some are more worried about who we offend, than the real meaning of the gun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast