• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Freedom will you give up your guns?

coachl

imported post

I am concern with the possibility of "O" getting into the White House. Would you give up your guns? Would you die for your rights? With the radical changes possible facing us what will you do when the power of the federal government or local police show up on your door step? Is it treason to fight for your 2nd amendment rights? i am afraid that we will be faced with these questions with an "O" presidency. What are your thoughts?

ODA 226

imported post

coachl wrote:
I am concern with the possibility of "O" getting into the White House. Would you give up your guns? Would you die for your rights? With the radical changes possible facing us what will you do when the power of the federal government or local police show up on your door step? Is it treason to fight for your 2nd amendment rights? i am afraid that we will be faced with these questions with an "O" presidency. What are your thoughts?

Legba

imported post

I rather doubt anything of the sort will even be seriously proposed. The president doesn't make the laws, and unless both houses of congress end up with 2/3rds majorities of radicals, then I doubt much will change. Worst case? Possibly some effort to re-enact the AWB, but even that had a 'granfather' clause, so existing inventories wouldn't be affected - even assuming it passed. There doesn't seem to be much political will to take guns on in this political season, with all the other problems preoccupying everyone. JMO. It is an ongoing concern, of course, as are any and all other potential diminutions of our liberties.

-ljp

thorvaldr

imported post

Legba wrote:
I rather doubt anything of the sort will even be seriously proposed. The president doesn't make the laws, and unless both houses of congress end up with 2/3rds majorities of radicals, then I doubt much will change. Worst case? Possibly some effort to re-enact the AWB, but even that had a 'granfather' clause, so existing inventories wouldn't be affected - even assuming it passed. There doesn't seem to be much political will to take guns on in this political season, with all the other problems preoccupying everyone. JMO. It is an ongoing concern, of course, as are any and all other potential diminutions of our liberties.

-ljp
I hope you're right but I have a bad feeling that you're not. We'll see.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Hopefully it will never come to that. But remember, the spark that ignited the American Revolution was arms confiscation.

If it ever comes to national confiscation, it is my fervent hope that the American spirit still beats in the hearts of enough of us to rise up, take up our arms, and send the bastards where they belong - hell comes immediately to mind.

frommycolddeadhands

imported post

Well, I reckon if it can happen in England and Germany it can happen here too. I don't think they would do an all out door collection like Katrina, I think they'll just slowly phase new laws that erode the second amendment rights away inch by inch. If I had a crystal ball, I'd probably say they'd slowly pass legislation to make open carry and conceal carry illegal without a permit. Then they'll slowly phase out the 'shall issue' permits and require a reason why you need one, which can be denied by a judge or a sherriff for whatever reason. Then come the gun lock requirements, and eventually that won't be enough so they'll go with the 'store unloaded, broken down, ammo separate, trigger lock engaged' rule. And each time they pass a new law it will make it easier for them in thefuture, because a generation from now won't even remember a time when they were allowed to carry a gun unless they were hunting, so they won't put up much of a fuss when the actual gun bans start popping up. If I had to guess, I'd say it'll happen so slowly that most people won't even notice the change. Kinda like how all the 1970 model cars were square and boxy looking, and the modern cars all have slick, rounded edges and wrap around headlights. It didn't happen overnight, it generally evolved around. Nobody really noticed the change until you set the two side by side and say "how did we get from THAT to THIS?"

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

thorvaldr wrote:
I unfortunately lost all my guns in the woods, so the jack booted thugs would be wasting their time busting down my door.
I had all mine on the boat in 300 feet of water when the accident happened. I hear saltwater is very bad for the bore of your weapon.

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I've been told to watch first for a national registration program, since there is room in the Heller decision that would allow for that. After that, you know what always happens.......

JBURGII

imported post

I don't plan on giving up anything. J

I suggest we grab "President Palin" head for the New Independant Republic of Alaska and dig in.

open4years

imported post

I share your concern. Just read the latest issue of NRA's magazine. I hope everyone is a NRA member. Read Obama's record on guns. He even voted to ban standard magazines! Remember the supreme court vote regarding the second admendment was 5 to 4. The president appoints supreme court justices and can choose anti-gun ones. WE barely won, by ONE vote! That was with a pro-gun president in office!

If he wins, which I'm afraid that he will, I will start buying guns from individuals. They would have to search my entire house to find all of them. I think I'll start building some great spots to hide guns.

open4years

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

FogRider wrote:
President Palin? Now there's a frightening thought.

"Oh geez!! Come on now Mr. FogRider! I'd make a great presidenty girly, dontchaknow! Up there in Alaska... maverick maverick maverick maverick... I can see Russia from here! Let me get back you on that one..."

GreenDrake

imported post

Despite the fear the gun lobby instills or what a local AR salesman tells you, Barry won't take your guns, CAN'T take your guns and there is insufficient proof that there would be any reason to. Biden's AW ban did NOTHING, any changes in the laws require not a majority but a 2/3 majority and politicians like their cushy jobs. I doubt anything will happen to our ability to carry or own weapons. The fear campaigns some are running are merely self serving sales schemes to keep the money coming in.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

GreenDrake wrote:
Despite the fear the gun lobby instills or what a local AR salesman tells you, Barry won't take your guns, CAN'T take your guns and there is insufficient proof that there would be any reason to. Biden's AW ban did NOTHING, any changes in the laws require not a majority but a 2/3 majority and politicians like their cushy jobs. I doubt anything will happen to our ability to carry or own weapons. The fear campaigns some are running are merely self serving sales schemes to keep the money coming in.

Wow, I have someone else living in reality land with me. :D

snake021

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Hopefully it will never come to that. But remember, the spark that ignited the American Revolution was arms confiscation.

If it ever comes to national confiscation, it is my fervent hope that the American spirit still beats in the hearts of enough of us to rise up, take up our arms, and send the bastards where they belong - hell comes immediately to mind.

The only one I see in this thread saying what they believe.

How about the rest of you, answer the question, will you shoot someone for a gun?