• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thieves take 12 guns from Dinwiddie sporting goods store

xd.40

imported post

Here is the text:

Thieves broke into the Dinwiddie Sporting Goods store last night and stole 12 handguns of various makes and models, the sheriff's office said today.

The intruders peeled back the siding of the sheet metal building at 7800 Boydton Plan Road to get inside about 10:30 p.m., tripping an alarm, said Dinwiddie Sheriff's Capt. William Knott.

"From what I understand it wasn't a big hole, just big enough for a person to squeeze through," Knott said. "They basically went through the insulation and inner-wall to get in the building," he said.

The stolen weapons included 9 mm, .40-caliber, .45-caliber and .380-caliber pistols. "The biggest number taken were 9 mms," Knott said.

There was no surveillance camera footage of the break-in, he added.

Anyone with information about the breakin can call the Dinwiddie Sheriff's Office at (804) 469-4550 or the Petersburg/Dinwiddie Crime Solvers at (804) 861-1212.

Edited to fix formatting

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Video cameras are cheap - bet they get at least one now! :banghead:

If these guns end up in NY via NY BGs, Virginia will still be blamed for supplying "out of state guns."

Maybe it should be illegal to break and enter or commit larceny - maybe that would make the thieves get honest jobs!

Yata hey