Thread: Durham Gun Show

Post imported post

Is anyone planning on going to the gun show at the Durham fairgrounds on Saturday/Sunday (10/25-10/26)??

I'm expecting it to be busier than normal due to the upcoming election...

Post imported post

Is it any good? It's close by for me, but I've been to a couple shows in CT that have been pretty crappy.

Post imported post

On the same topic of Gun shows. I've enjoyed the ones held at the Big E in Springfield, MA. The next show there is Dec 13/14.

Post imported post

I went to this show. It sucked. Just a bunch of FFLs selling overpriced junk. One guy was selling an S&W sigma used for $415. I bought a new one 6 months ago for $300.

Post imported post

You have to stay looking for that great deal its there somewhere and if we don't go we will pass it up for sure.

At gun shows i will make one complete pass just looking and checking out prices. But i will remember what i want so i can go back and get it. I don't like to buy right away because down the rows something maybe better and cheaper. You need to look slow at everything.

I always go on the first day if i come up dry then i go back the second day and look again if i have nothing else to do. Sometimes more stuff gets put out on the second day. And towards 12 oclock there deal hungry too. Its time to haggle. I don't come home empty handed most of the time.