• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Durham Gun Show

MGoduto

imported post

Is anyone planning on going to the gun show at the Durham fairgrounds on Saturday/Sunday (10/25-10/26)??

I'm expecting it to be busier than normal due to the upcoming election...

AGust82

imported post

I went to this show. It sucked. Just a bunch of FFLs selling overpriced junk. One guy was selling an S&W sigma used for $415. I bought a new one 6 months ago for $300.

1911crazy

imported post

You have to stay looking for that great deal its there somewhere and if we don't go we will pass it up for sure.

At gun shows i will make one complete pass just looking and checking out prices. But i will remember what i want so i can go back and get it. I don't like to buy right away because down the rows something maybe better and cheaper. You need to look slow at everything.

I always go on the first day if i come up dry then i go back the second day and look again if i have nothing else to do. Sometimes more stuff gets put out on the second day. And towards 12 oclock there deal hungry too. Its time to haggle. I don't come home empty handed most of the time.