• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington CeaseFire Remembers Victims of Gun Violence

Gene Beasley

imported post

trevorthebusdriver wrote:
Wow, Ceasefire's website has a pie chart comparing deaths from AIDS to deaths from firearms. Talk about apples and oranges.
Yeah, I thought that was hilarious.

Semi-related; I think it's encouraging that firearm purchases and CPL holders are on the increase. Remember the Senate hearing before the Higher Education Committee on 02/07/08 where Kristen Comer and one other testified for SB 6841 with only three more that signed "pro" but didn't testify. Conversely, the room was packed with support for SB 6860. I was somewhat under the impression that Washington CeaseFire consisted of Kristen Comer and that was pretty much it. The low turnout for today's event on such a beautiful day just supported that notion.

For those who like to retrieve a bit of history, TVW has been greatly improved. I've had trouble embedding the code though.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Shy_Panda wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
Did you know that 47.2% of all statistics are made up on a moments notice?
It is actually much closer to 72.8% of all statistics are made up on the spot, but I can see how you could get those numbers confused.;)
I was just using "Larry the Cable Guy's" numbers. But there is a chance that he is wrong 28.7% of the time.
RoflLg.gif