• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitution-Free Zone

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Slayer of Paper wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
marshaul wrote:
Careful posting that here, the ACLU apparently has arrest warrants out for a good number of our members. :quirky
Tell us you're joking. You are... right?
Joking- if he'd been serious, he would have used the letters DHS.
While I was joking, the sad part is that DEROS, of whom I was making fun, was probably himself almost entirely serious.

Tomahawk

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
"They attacked us because they hate our freedom. Well, we're going to make sure that never happens again!"
My personal favorite: "They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." ~ George W. Bush

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

marshaul wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Congrats, Mr. bin Laden, you won! And congrats to intrusive government control freaks, you won too!
The dirty little secret. The Obamination is evidence.
Um... yea... because it wasn't Bush that created Homeland Security... :quirky
You know, if you stop and think for a second, Doug has a point (although I'm not positive it's the point he was trying to make).

He cites "The Obamanation" as evidence, but not a causal factor. And I think he may be right: only in post-Bush America could such a statist, elitist, interventionist, militaristic, anti-individualist, Nationalistic-yet-not-Patriotic (he loves his government but not his country), and generally heinous character become so resounding popular among the Democratic left, who otherwise blindly pride themselves on their self-professed opposition to all the "isms" I mentioned above.

I think Obama makes good evidence for a certain unfortunate trend in American mainstream politics. A trend towards tyranny.
I'll take this as a compliment but "Even a blind pig can find a truffle."

Bush and the GOP were/are too weak to withstand the assault. "[O]nly in [post 911] America could such a statist, elitist, interventionist, militaristic, anti-individualist, Nationalistic-yet-not-Patriotic (he loves his government but not his country), and generally heinous character become so resounding popular among the Democratic left, who otherwise blindly pride themselves on their self-professed opposition to all the "isms" ..."

Democracy is not the fortress that the principle of conservatism has proven to be.