What do you know about this? :shock:

Code:
    "snip..... that the National Rifle Association... has been caught redhanded
    pimping for illegal and immoral legislation to register long guns in
    Pennsylvania.  Legislation that's also supported by Handgun Control,
    Incorporated."
    http://keithlynch.net/lns/ntip

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

L. Neil Smith is not a nobody, certainly, but he doesn't link to the source of his accusation. Can anyone here find a link to the story?

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I just checked at PAFOA and neither of the hits on his name were related. ColdDeadHands here is member there so maybe he'll connect the dots.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

Post imported post

I can connect the dots. Notice that he's talking to "Tanya". The Tanya that Smith is talking about was Tanya Metaksa. Tanya is the head of the NRA-ILA back in 1995. In 1995, A bill called "Act 17" was passed, which brought to Pennsylvania the Uniform Firearms Act. This law did a bunch of stuff, however it made the entirety of the state shall-issue, allowed out of state applications, and so on.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Thanks Lonnie - had no personal recollection - received as an attachment.

Glad it ended well as it did.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Post imported post

I'm confused. This is a blog post from 1995? What the huh?

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I went back and browsed Lynch's web stuff. He apparently writes from a terminal and in old low level code so browsing his directories is possible.

http://keithlynch.net/lns/
    Here are 97 essays and open letters by the award-winning libertarian science fiction author L. Neil Smith. These essays are maintained here by Keith Lynch (who agrees with most but not all of this material) with L. Neil Smith's permission. His e-mail address is lneil@ezlink.com. New material from The Libertarian Enterprise added May 15th, 1996. More from the same source added August 1st. One more added in November 2000. Here are all mentions of L. Neil Smith in the SF-Lovers digest in the 1980s. 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989
    Page last updated November 3rd, 2000.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Ancient history, reborn and buried -

As mentioned earlier, this came to me as an attachment to an email. It had no dateline and my knowledge of the author was non-existant. It did not fit anything I knew (inconsistant with) regarding the current situation/climate in Pa. and knew I would not be on PC for at least 24 hr. so I threw out the question for those better able to respond.

In retrospect, I likely should have saved it 'til I had a chance to do some research.
    Sorry - my bad. Lesson reinforced.

Good digging though guys - appreciate the response.

Yata hey

Post imported post

Nothing to be ashamed of, GS. Any history which uncovers NRA shenanigans is good history. The more we know about NRA's faults the better we can deal with them, by fixing them or fighting them as needed.

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Ancient history, reborn and buried -

As mentioned earlier, this came to me as an attachment to an email. It had no dateline and my knowledge of the author was non-existant. It did not fit anything I knew (inconsistant with) regarding the current situation/climate in Pa. and knew I would not be on PC for at least 24 hr. so I threw out the question for those better able to respond.

In retrospect, I likely should have saved it 'til I had a chance to do some research.
    Sorry - my bad. Lesson reinforced.

Good digging though guys - appreciate the response.

Yata hey

It might be old news, but NRA Treachery in Pa. is certainly alive and well. It is sad that such stories are so believable.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776