• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Building an AK

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

1979 Romanian "G" kit with matching numbers. Was rusty when I got it, and has some light external pitting. Internally looks like it was rarely if ever fired. All matching numbers, Neat serial of KE 0065. Am going to build with a home bent Tapco flat, Tapco internals, Tapco muzzlebrake and a Tapco pistol grip.

2970288305_129b533ecf.jpg

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

bluer1 wrote:
You have flat rods? What size? Lucky bastard...
Flat rods? No I will have access to a bending jig in a couple of weeks though for a short period, which is what prompted me to do this...

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

bluer1 wrote:
Wouldn't happen to have an MP5 rod/jig setup would you?
The only tools I own are a set of hand tools and a tap and die set. I'm gonna be using a bending jig that is a traveling loaner jig from The AKFiles.

bluer1

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
bluer1 wrote:
ROFL!!! :lol:

ETA: You'd have a better chance finding a bending jig for a CETME/G3. :p
Need one of those too :) My flats are still flat! Need to register them as receivers before the AWB#2!

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

bluer1 wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
bluer1 wrote:
ROFL!!! :lol:

ETA: You'd have a better chance finding a bending jig for a CETME/G3. :p
Need one of those too :) My flats are still flat! Need to register them as receivers before the AWB#2!
You only have to serialize if you are going to sell them... OTOH if you are concerned about another AWB that makes sense, that way they "exist" already...