• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An exemple of whats haooening in Lousiana

estcrh

imported post

A few months ago I was walking down the middle of the street in the500 blk of Burgundy st in the French Quarter 3 blks from my house, 12.00 am the street was deserted when the only other person on the block came at me and reached into his pants and started to pull out a large automatic, asI had almost been armed robbed a week before in the same area (the hammer of the thugs gun got stuck in his pocket ) I was alert for problems, Ihad my gun in my hand (Smith and W 38 special airweight model 642 w/laser site) I fired 4 shots(and missed!!!!!) the thug dove into the gutter begging me not to shoot him, the police came(8th district) and questioned me, confiscated my gun , gave be a case number and let me go. It took 3 weeks to get my gun back, the D.A. refused to charge the thug with armed robbery because he did not get a chance to ask for my money.$ 3000.0 and 3 days later the thug was out on a miss charge of assault. Since then I have been trying to get the local police in the quarter(8th dist) to admit that i can legally carry a gun openly in the Quarter, but they refuse to admit I can, even when faced with overwhelming evidence I have provided them, I do not want to be a test case, I just want some thug who might be thinking of robbing me to seeI have agun and to decide to go somewere else instead of having another shoot out in public....Anyone here care to help me????? If so here is the phone number of the head of the French Quarter police....tell him you heard he wont let local residents carry a gun in a holster openly as the law allows and ask him why, maybe with enough calls he will see he cant win and finally admit what he already knows.......P.S. the thug finally pleaded guilty and got 2 months house arrest after he was toldI was going to testify, yea!!!!!!
8th District: Major Edwin Hosli, (504) 658-6080 or (504) 658-6039

estcrh

imported post

The laser site worked just fine, its sort of like a video game, just because the site is on the target, the target is not is not necessarly standing still and cooperating, in my case the target was desperately trying to keep from being shot, jumping wildly from side to side, etc...also he was fairly far from me to begin with,I knew from his actions what he was about to do so I was ready and he did not get a chance to get close. I should also have had the action worked on as the straight from the factory model is very stiff. I would always get the laser if it was an option from now on...

CaptainDan

imported post

estcrh wrote:
A few months ago I was walking down the middle of the street in the500 blk of Burgundy st in the French Quarter 3 blks from my house, 12.00 am the street was deserted when the only other person on the block came at me and reached into his pants and started to pull out a large automatic, asI had almost been armed robbed a week before in the same area (the hammer of the thugs gun got stuck in his pocket ) I was alert for problems, Ihad my gun in my hand (Smith and W 38 special airweight model 642 w/laser site) I fired 4 shots(and missed!!!!!) the thug dove into the gutter begging me not to shoot him, the police came(8th district) and questioned me, confiscated my gun , gave be a case number and let me go. It took 3 weeks to get my gun back, the D.A. refused to charge the thug with armed robbery because he did not get a chance to ask for my money.$ 3000.0 and 3 days later the thug was out on a miss charge of assault. Since then I have been trying to get the local police in the quarter(8th dist) to admit that i can legally carry a gun openly in the Quarter, but they refuse to admit I can, even when faced with overwhelming evidence I have provided them, I do not want to be a test case, I just want some thug who might be thinking of robbing me to seeI have agun and to decide to go somewere else instead of having another shoot out in public....Anyone here care to help me????? If so here is the phone number of the head of the French Quarter police....tell him you heard he wont let local residents carry a gun in a holster openly as the law allows and ask him why, maybe with enough calls he will see he cant win and finally admit what he already knows.......P.S. the thug finally pleaded guilty and got 2 months house arrest after he was toldI was going to testify, yea!!!!!!
Were you charged with anything? Did it cost you anything

estcrh

imported post

My gun was arrested , but later released due to lack of evidence that it commited a crime, I was not charged, but I had to buy a new gun untill I got my old one back, that cost 600.00 , it took 3 week to get it back.

THway

imported post

estcrh wrote:
WOW only a misdemeanor charge of assault??? I am surprised he didnt get a CCW charge... I would call the prosecutor and ask them what the deal is?

estcrh

imported post

For financial and political reasons, between the D.A. and the police any serious charge that can be thrown out or lowered down will be, any time the police can forget to give a victim a case number they will so it does not become an official crime, any time they can wait untill the last minute to notify an out of town victim so the victim can not make it to court and the case gets dropped they will, I have personally experienced all of these things since Katrina, between my roommate and I we have had 1 armed robbery, 2 attempted, 1 home invasion, 3 break ins, 1 purse snatching, and we live in the French Quarter, the heart of the tourist area 2 blocks from Bourbon st.. check out nocrimeline.com or citizencrimewatch.org see the crime we have had in an area of about 6 blocks by 13 blocks......We feel like we are being hunted, and now the police in the Quarter wont even admit we can carry a gun in a holster openly, even though it is the state law....after all they took residents guns away during katrina, it took the N.R.A. law suit to get them to give the guns back...so there really no one on our side here.....

estcrh

imported post

And if out of state victims are not given enough notice so they can come back to testify, many victims are tourists,and if you dont give a case number to a victim its as though the crime never happened, this has happened to me and many people I know.........The point is you cant trust ANYTHING any Lousiana official says about crime, there are many ways to work the figures.......