• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police Meal in KFC - Indian Trail, NC

swoolard

imported post

I was at the KFC off 74 in Indian Trail and I was open carrying with my usual XD45, SERPA Holster and Polo+Slacks.

I placed my order with the nice lady at the counter and she said, "I see your gun so I'm going to assume you're an officer." I replied, "nah, I'm something else."

Regardless of that--maybe she didn't hear me, she opted to give me what the receipt referred to as a "Police Meal." Which was actually discounted probably 20%.

I felt really bad for not correcting her, but I didn't want to put her or myself on the spot and I was really hungry and just wanted my lunch. Because of that incident, I haven't been to that KFC since.

I know I should have corrected her, I just couldn't bring myself to do it...

Has anyone else ever had this happen?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I've had it tried. Corrected it. Since I'm looking for opportunities to promote 2A I usually just declare I'm an average citizen, then start talking 2A.

Don't feel too bad. Maybe next time, if you don't want to reveal you are a private citizen, just thank her and say you know for a fact you are not entitled to a police discount.

My problem is the youngcashiers who want to try to give me a senior citizen's discount! Ahhhhhhhh! I'm not even close to that age bracket. (Not one word, Tomahawk! Not one word! :))

swoolard

imported post

... first thing I thought of when you said that was (F)ederal (B)oobie (I)nspector. "Lets see them breasts, ma'am." ...ahh, the days of being a child and getting away with that.

swoolard

imported post

I just wish people wouldn't assume you're a cop unless they see a badge. Educating the public seems to be a serious matter here where I'm located. Everyone asks, "do you have a license to carry that?" I just say yes so they'll shut up. I do have a concealed carry permit, I just choose not to conceal unless it's necessary.

I'm not one of those people who are comfortable talking politics/law to someone I do not know.

45disco

imported post

yep, i have had those run ins before and some time you can't convince them with out offering personal information. they may believe your not a cop but your something else in the way of a spook. i finally, to get the people to drop it, told some folk i was an Interdependent Intelligence Researcher, which is mostly true. if you use words like "i can not confirm or Deni' when asked random government questions that you can not possible know the answer to. you can have some fun. LOL i also love the ones that see the gun, see the thick beard and ask how Afghanistan is or if i am an undercover jihad spy for the government.. another LOL

p.s. can't get arrested for eating cheap chicken,LOL

jim