• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

College threatens students for even discussing guns

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

The 2nd Amendment - the right that defends all of the rest - is attacked by restricting the 1st Amendment rights! :banghead: Maybe the thought police are not really so far away.

"The mention of firearms and weapons on colleges campuses ....... brings fear and concern to students, faculty and staff – which translates into a 'material interference with the operation of the school or the rights of others,'" Nelson wrote. http://tinyurl.com/6hlo9w

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

CrossFire wrote:
See we got moonbats in Texas too!!
LOL - yours are probably bigger and more rabid though - right? :D

Wonder what might have happened if these students had been wearing empty holsters?

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Moonbats and nannycrats - just in time for Halloween !

It would be funny if these :cuss: people were not so serious.

Educated people can be ignorant too. The problem is that they are educating the future leaders of our country - witness the present election polls.

These universities need to pushed, pulled or dragged into the light of truth and reality.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ScottyT wrote:
So would this ban Students for Concealed Carry on Campus from having a chapter there?
It would seem that it has that potential; however, no hearing has taken place yet.

The "probation" that they were placed under seems more like a threat to me.

Yata hey

FreedomJoyAdventure

imported post

"
[*]Always keep your gun pointed in a safe direction, such as at a hippy or a communist.

[*]No matter how responsible he seems, never give your gun to a monkey.

[*]Don't load your gun unless you are ready to shoot something or are just feeling generally angry.

[*]If your gun misfires, never look down the barrel to inspect it.

[*]Never us[e] your gun to pistol whip someone. That could mar the finish.

[*]No matter how excited you are about buying your first gun, do not run around yelling "I have a gun! I have a gun!"  

Well, this might be the kind of stuff that would be most likely to twist communists' panties into a bunch (see item #1). 

I suspect they forgot to include the "this is intended to be humorous" disclaimer, for those who don't have a sense of humor or can't make allowances for differing styles of humor. Remember, kids, disclaim early and often!

PT111

imported post

Since this happened at a publicly supported college I can go along with this being a violation of 1A. However if it were a private college that accepted no federal support (there are very, very few of these in the US, in fact only one that I know of) this would be within the rights of the college to ban the pamplet.

I do think that the title of the article is a little misleading. and their list was quite humorous.

gpz1100

imported post

3 years ago, my daughter, a high school senior at the time, was expelled from school for 3 days.

during a 3rd period class discussion, the teacherwith all in the class participating, about crime, car jacking was brought up. my daughter said something to the effect, if someone tried that with mom or dad they'd get their head blown off. the teacher asked why so she told them we both have chl and carry in the truck. class ended, no big deal. the next day she was pulled from first period class, sent to the office and i was called to come pick her up immediatly. when i got there i questioned the admin about why and was told i'd have to talk to the principal, by appointment only, sometime next week. my daughter told me what happened. well i treated her to a mini vacation till my appointment. there i was told the mere mention of the word "gun" was an offence. i pulled her from the school, she was glad, and sent her to another public high school, 40 miles away, that was only glad to have her. she fit in so well plusshe won their first beauty pagent, for the junior/senior group, and graduated with a good record.

prom3-1-1.jpg

mrbiggles

Banned
imported post

gpz1100 wrote:
3 years ago, my daughter, a high school senior at the time, was expelled from school for 3 days.

during a 3rd period class discussion, the teacherwith all in the class participating, about crime, car jacking was brought up. my daughter said something to the effect, if someone tried that with mom or dad they'd get their head blown off. the teacher asked why so she told them we both have chl and carry in the truck. class ended, no big deal. the next day she was pulled from first period class, sent to the office and i was called to come pick her up immediatly. when i got there i questioned the admin about why and was told i'd have to talk to the principal, by appointment only, sometime next week. my daughter told me what happened. well i treated her to a mini vacation till my appointment. there i was told the mere mention of the word "gun" was an offence. i pulled her from the school, she was glad, and sent her to another public high school, 40 miles away, that was only glad to have her. she fit in so well plusshe won their first beauty pagent, for the junior/senior group, and graduated with a good record.

post pics!!!

just kidding. i had too :celebrate

if i can afford it, when my lil one grows up defiantly going to a private school.

stevenh512

imported post

gpz1100 wrote:

prom3-1-1.jpg
Let me get this straight. The teacher was participating with the whole class in a discussion about crime, and specifically about carjacking (which, at least everywhere I've lived, is a crime that's almost always committed with a gun or some other deadly weapon) and your daughter got kicked out of school for 3 days for mentioning a gun? And you were told that the mere mention of guns was an offense? I'd be talking to a lawyer and demanding that the teacher be fired immediately.

Seems to me that the mention of guns wasn't the problem here since they were clearly talking about crime. More likely, the teacher was trying to "make a point" about guns being "dangerous weapons used by criminals" and had a problem with a gun being mentioned in the context of legal and legitimate self-defense. To me, that is not acceptable and the teacher should be punished. The teacher's job is supposed to be to educate, not to indoctrinate.

gpz1100

imported post

that is exactly what happened and why it happened. you're right, but the principal and other board members are liberals and backed the teacher. their position was talking about blowing someones head off was not appropriate even if the topic is crime. it'stotal bs which is why i pulled her out of that school. she was all too happy to be out of there also.

btw-this same school keeps an ARMED guard/off-duty leo on campus at all times, because it's sooo safe!?!?!

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

gpz1100, your young lady is quite the doll. Hats off to her for speaking her mind to those who apparently needed to hear it. I would imagine that indoctrinator...uhm "teacher" is quaking in his/her boots watching the news stories about the spike in gun sales.

Also, kudos to you for getting her out of there.

no carry permit ?

imported post

gpz1100 wrote:

prom3-1-1.jpg

Blow there heads off, that's great ! I would have taken her out to dinner and had a long discussion about why freedom of speech is protected in this country and why her teacher/ administrator were imbeciles.

Beautiful young women, you should be very proud.

sheepdog

imported post

Gonna be one expensive wedding...she's a beauty...and spunky....I don't know why noone has filed suit against school districts in Tx which do such things....they think they're God...they think they OWN our children...I've had to go to the district office because they pulled some stuff on my 6th grader....used to be we took our rifles and shotguns to school to hunt after school and left them in our locker....now, they have dogs to sniff out a bullet in the trunk and expel them...then have a squad of unarmed idiot security guards to "protect" them...with one city officer in some schools...none in others...my kids were told to get out through a window if they had any shooting...and go to a store and call me...I'm more concerned with protecting my kids FROM the school than the school protecting my kids....bunch of scared PC morons...we have one district with good solid sense which armed some staff this year...they deserve a hearty round of applause....the terrorists caught after 9/11 said, and other intelligence suggests that plans are in place to hit our schools as they did in Russia...hurting us where we will feel it the most....wake up, America...we've been a soft target too long....