Thread: new to OC

Post imported post

I'm coming home on leave from Afghanistan and will probably try my hand at open carrying as a "civilian" versus carrying an like I do on deployment. Anybody have any experience with open carrying or concealed carry in the buckhead area?

Post imported post

Try the forums at GPDO.

Tons of ATL guys there with tons of info.

According to: O.C.G.A. ยง 16-11-130
    Exemptions from Code Sections 16-11-126 through 16-11-128

(a) Code Sections 16-11-126 through 16-11-128 shall not apply to or affect any of the following persons if such persons are employed in the offices listed below or when authorized by federal or state law, regulations, or order:

(3) Persons in the military service of the state or of the United States;

you do not need a Georgia Firearms License to carry, openly or concealed. Can't hurt to get your GFL.

Also, please join GCO. They're an awesome group fighting for your 2A rights.

Post imported post

i carry here in glynn county and occasionally chatam,jekins,screvin,burke and richmond counties.

since your military your get super carry rights by virtue of ocga 16-11-130.3 like stated above

http://www.georgiapacking.org/GaCode...mp;section=130

Post imported post

DBrennan wrote:
    I'm coming home on leave from Afghanistan and will probably try my hand at open carrying as a "civilian" versus carrying an like I do on deployment. Anybody have any experience with open carrying or concealed carry in the buckhead area?
    It has been a month. How is it going?