• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new to OC

DBrennan

imported post

I'm coming home on leave from Afghanistan and will probably try my hand at open carrying as a "civilian" versus carrying an like I do on deployment. Anybody have any experience with open carrying or concealed carry in the buckhead area?

devo1123

imported post

Try the forums at GPDO.

Tons of ATL guys there with tons of info.

According to: O.C.G.A. § 16-11-130
Exemptions from Code Sections 16-11-126 through 16-11-128

(a) Code Sections 16-11-126 through 16-11-128 shall not apply to or affect any of the following persons if such persons are employed in the offices listed below or when authorized by federal or state law, regulations, or order:

(3) Persons in the military service of the state or of the United States;

you do not need a Georgia Firearms License to carry, openly or concealed. Can't hurt to get your GFL.

Also, please join GCO. They're an awesome group fighting for your 2A rights.

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

DBrennan wrote:
I'm coming home on leave from Afghanistan and will probably try my hand at open carrying as a "civilian" versus carrying an like I do on deployment. Anybody have any experience with open carrying or concealed carry in the buckhead area?
It has been a month. How is it going?