Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Cabinet Post

Post imported post

Read the new proposed Bill and goals with 70 sponsors. A glimpse of the Obama presendency. Time to buy a good shovel and storage locker.:shock:

Post imported post

Tabsr wrote:
    Time to buy a good shovel and storage locker.:shock:
    If it's time to bury them, it's time to dig them up...
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Post imported post

Tabsr wrote:
    Read the new proposed Bill and goals with 70 sponsors. A glimpse of the Obama presendency. Time to buy a good shovel and storage locker.:shock:
    If I owned any guns, I'd be buying a few thousand rounds of ammo, not hiding my guns...

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

This isn't so new. Did you notice the date this bill was authored. Feb 5, 2007.

It does appear, though, that this bill would blend US soverinty with the UN. Not good!

Post imported post

Do whatcha want, folks. My line is drawn. I'm 66 and ain't backing up. What's mine is gonna stay mine.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-808

This bill is in the first step in the legislative process. Introduced bills go first to committees that deliberate, investigate, and revise them before they go to general debate. The majority of bills never make it out of committee. Keep in mind that sometimes the text of one bill is incorporated into another bill, and in those cases the original bill, as it would appear here, would seem to be abandoned. [Last Updated: Sep 27, 2008]

Last Action:May 18, 2007: House Education and Labor: Referred to the Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

skimmed and read some areas of the document that I thought would relate to firearms possesion but could only find things relating to removing nuclear weapons from earth and space. Lotta other domestic areas regarding violence and domestic violence, but I couldn't find anything related to disarming the public. Was there something I missed?

Post imported post

(5) analyze existing policies, employ successful,
    field-tested programs, and develop new approaches for dealing with the implements of violence, including gun-related violence and the overwhelming presence of handguns;

Page 8 - Ban all guns in the US.

Post imported post

United Nations General Assembly Resolution 217A (III) was listed in the OP link, here's UNGAR 217A.

http://daccessdds.un.org/doc/RESOLUT...df?OpenElement

Also, does anyone notice how many times "gather information" shows up in this bill?
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

I propose a "GET THE**** OUT OF MY COUNTRY IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE CONSTITUTION, I'M SURE THE SOVIET UNION WILL WELCOME YOU COMRADES, AND NOBAMA ACT OF 2008"

ask anyone who grew up under the communists how wonderful their lives were. Go ahead and ask. I know several who would die before going back.

It really is sad to see what our country has turned into (and is trying to make even worse...).

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Here's an organization promoting the Dept of Peace.

http://www.thepeacealliance.org/

Personally, I believe this new "Dept" is nothing more than a waste of tax payers money, in the pursuit of an Utopian ideology.

The only way to create a peaceful world is to totally wipe out the entire human race.

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:

Personally, I believe this new "Dept" is nothing more than a waste of tax payers money, in the pursuit of an Utopian ideology.

The only way to create a peaceful world is to totally wipe out the entire human race.
    Thus the existence of such wonderfully progressive organizations like the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement.

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    You're on to more than you know: http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...trolagenda.htm

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

bignflnut wrote:
    Task Force 16 wrote:
    You're on to more than you know: http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...trolagenda.htm
    I by no means condone any sort of genicide or extermination program as a way to manage population numbers, but I do believe that most, if not all, of humanities woes stem from overpopulation.

But like I told some Jehova witnesses one time, "As long as there are at least 2 people alive on this earth they will find something to fight over, if ain't nothing but a pile of rocks." Sorry it's just the nature of the beast, human species that is.

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:

I couldn't agree more.

Why does our government keep trying to reinvent the wheel? They already have all that bullarky in play in some form or another right now. That crap would have just put it all into one nice tiny (huge) package and cost billions in overhead to run.

The government needs to understand that the freedom of choice and to act under the constitution has side effects that, sometimes, lead to unfortunate events or consequences. However, it is better to tolerate the consequences of free agency than to suffer under the tyranny of a controlling government that would "force" a society to act peaceably by removing our freedoms. The sooner they all figure this concept out, the better off we will all be.

Kevin

If it isn't broke, then don't fix it, or you'll fix it until it's broke.

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    I by no means condone any sort of genicide or extermination program as a way to manage population numbers, but I do believe that most, if not all, of humanities woes stem from overpopulation.

That's the beauty, you don't have to condone genocide. Government does it for you and makes it LEGAL!

Explain to me why the US doesn't stop genocide in Darfur, if you disagree. We used the "ethnic cleansing" excuse to get S. Milosovich (spelling?). Saddam gassed his own people, "how horrific!", they said. He had to be stopped. Crickets on Darfur, though. Puzzling.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

bignflnut wrote:
    Task Force 16 wrote:

That's the beauty, you don't have to condone genocide. Government does it for you and makes it LEGAL!

Explain to me why the US doesn't stop genocide in Darfur, if you disagree. We used the "ethnic cleansing" excuse to get S. Milosovich (spelling?). Saddam gassed his own people, "how horrific!", they said. He had to be stopped. Crickets on Darfur, though. Puzzling.
    Why does the US have to be the World Police? Where has the UN been in respect to Darfur? The UN has become the most useless agency ever created, and yet, the liberals in this country seem to want to surrender our Nations soverergnty to this pack of dicatators. That is pretty much what this new "Dept of Peace and Nonviolence" is intended.

Post imported post

There's a Bush quote out there saying that we had to go to War in Iraq to "maintain the UN's credibility" since the UN had 30+ directives that were being ignored.

McCain has suggested a "league of democracies" that would act where NATO and the UN failed to.

I wouldn't call the UN worthless. It's accomplishing what it wants to. http://www.knowledgedrivenrevolution...Philosophy.htm

Post imported post

One might ask why are 47 of our national parks, now in the control of the "Haritage Foundation"? Maybe this is why we can't OC there now !

As far as UNESCO and the UN, in the Bible it saids in Daniel 7:23-25 about the fourth kingdom which is the last kingdom, that there will be a"One World Government".

Its not to our liking, and does away with a lot if not all freedom as we know it in this country. But heres something to think about ! On May/14/1948 The Nation of Israel was formed again after some 1900 years of being disbanded and spraed all over the world. Just as predicted would be. And was brought back also just as predicted in Ezekiel 36:24 & 34:13 & 37:21 Jeremiah 30:3 & 23:8 and all in one day as stated in Zachariah 3:9,10.

So Im not getting into a debate on the reliability of the Bible, however one might ask themself one question " Does a Nation of Israel exist today" ???

I believe the coming year 2009 will be one of the hardest years we will ever see. God help us in the good old U.S.A.

Robin47

Post imported post

Jim McDermott, José Serrano, Al Green, John Conyers and Maxine Waterswere some of the representatives who introduced the bill. That alone should raise red flags.

The phrases that bother me the mostare: "and the overwhelming presence of handguns" and "make policy recommendations to the Attorney General regarding civil rights" in the bill.

That gives you an idea what the mindset of the bill's sponsors is.

Furthermore, the bill is rife with phrases including the words "tolerance" and "diversity" from not only an ethnic, but a social and economic standpoint.

To make matters worse, the bill creates an office of Human Rights and Economic Rights, the head of which will be the Assistant Secretary for Human Rights and Economic Rights and shall carry out those functions in the Depertment supporting the principles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights passed by the General Assembly of the United Nations on December 10, 1948.

The icing on the cake is theproposed formation of an Intergovernmental Advisory Council on Peace and Non-Violence. (It's like the Intergovernmental Panel for Climate Change, only this time the issue is violence, not global warming.)

Although the bill doesn't come right out and say it, it's fairly clear that the representatives introducing the bill want to embrace the UN's policy on small arms restriction and trade along with all of the other UN strategies to reduce violence.

I doubt it will go anywhere in the House.

Post imported post

From each according to his ability, to each according to his need. *Karl Marx, The Communist Manifesto*. Sorry if I decide to opt out. Just me sayin it
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
    From each according to his ability, to each according to his need. *Karl Marx, The Communist Manifesto*. Sorry if I decide to opt out. Just me sayin it
    I don't want any part of it, and don't hold your breath for an apology. :X

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    Why does the US have to be the World Police?
    Because no one else will.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

AbNo wrote:
    Task Force 16 wrote:
    Why does the US have to be the World Police?
    Because no one else will.
    Of course they will. They are lined up to take our place. Russa and China for starters. Then the EU.

Of course, who made the assumption we need a world PD in the first place? Woodrow Wilson?

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
    No.

http://www.marxists.org/archive/marx...gotha/ch01.htm
    In a higher phase of communist society, after the enslaving subordination of the individual to the division of labor, and therewith also the antithesis between mental and physical labor, has vanished; after labor has become not only a means of life but life's prime want; after the productive forces have also increased with the all-around development of the individual, and all the springs of co-operative wealth flow more abundantly—only then can the narrow horizon of bourgeois right be crossed in its entirety and society inscribe on its banners: From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs!
    I doubt someone that would write "Just me sayin[sic] it" has read, let alone studied, Karl Marx or any economic theory deeper than his checkbook.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast