• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Cabinet Post

KansasMustang

imported post

From each according to his ability, to each according to his need. *Karl Marx, The Communist Manifesto*. Sorry if I decide to opt out. Just me sayin it

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
From each according to his ability, to each according to his need. *Karl Marx, The Communist Manifesto*. Sorry if I decide to opt out. Just me sayin it
I don't want any part of it, and don't hold your breath for an apology. :X

Tomahawk

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
Why does the US have to be the World Police?
Because no one else will.

Of course they will. They are lined up to take our place. Russa and China for starters. Then the EU.

Of course, who made the assumption we need a world PD in the first place? Woodrow Wilson?

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
No.

http://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1875/gotha/ch01.htm
In a higher phase of communist society, after the enslaving subordination of the individual to the division of labor, and therewith also the antithesis between mental and physical labor, has vanished; after labor has become not only a means of life but life's prime want; after the productive forces have also increased with the all-around development of the individual, and all the springs of co-operative wealth flow more abundantly—only then can the narrow horizon of bourgeois right be crossed in its entirety and society inscribe on its banners: From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs!
I doubt someone that would write "Just me sayin[sic] it" has read, let alone studied, Karl Marx or any economic theory deeper than his checkbook.

Slayer of Paper

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
Why does the US have to be the World Police?
Because no one else will.
That's a GOOD thing.

This whole "Department of Peace" thing reminds me of Babylon 5's "Ministry of Peace". What's next on the agenda? "Nightwatch" and the campaign to save America from "harmful ideas"?

bignflnut

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It is probably coming. The democrats have openly vowed to make most of us here felons at the stroke of a pen. Yes - an 11 round magazine means you will be a felon, because that extra 1 round means the weapon should only be used on a foreign battlefield. There will be no grandfathering this time.

They have also vowed to basically bankrupt talk radio with the new Fairness doctrine. The the new law's record keeping requirements for each local station to keep track of every single opinion ever uttered on their station is simply meant to drive them away from ever expressing an opinion on the air.

We will be made felons at the stroke of a pen, and silenced at the stroke of another. Why not just go all the way with a program like this after that?

Those who are sick of the two party system are going to _love_ the one party system. :banghead: