• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Cabinet Post

Tabsr

imported post

Read the new proposed Bill and goals with 70 sponsors. A glimpse of the Obama presendency. Time to buy a good shovel and storage locker.:shock:

MetalChris

imported post

Tabsr wrote:
Read the new proposed Bill and goals with 70 sponsors. A glimpse of the Obama presendency. Time to buy a good shovel and storage locker.:shock:
If I owned any guns, I'd be buying a few thousand rounds of ammo, not hiding my guns...

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

This isn't so new. Did you notice the date this bill was authored. Feb 5, 2007.

It does appear, though, that this bill would blend US soverinty with the UN. Not good!

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-808

This bill is in the first step in the legislative process. Introduced bills go first to committees that deliberate, investigate, and revise them before they go to general debate. The majority of bills never make it out of committee. Keep in mind that sometimes the text of one bill is incorporated into another bill, and in those cases the original bill, as it would appear here, would seem to be abandoned. [Last Updated: Sep 27, 2008]

Last Action:May 18, 2007: House Education and Labor: Referred to the Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education.

northofnowhere

Campaign Veteran
imported post

skimmed and read some areas of the document that I thought would relate to firearms possesion but could only find things relating to removing nuclear weapons from earth and space. Lotta other domestic areas regarding violence and domestic violence, but I couldn't find anything related to disarming the public. Was there something I missed?

PT111

imported post

[align=left](5) analyze existing policies, employ successful,
field-tested programs, and develop new approaches for dealing with the implements of violence, including gun-related violence and the overwhelming presence of handguns;[/align]

[align=left]
Page 8 - Ban all guns in the US.[/align]

nova

imported post

I propose a "GET THE**** OUT OF MY COUNTRY IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE CONSTITUTION, I'M SURE THE SOVIET UNION WILL WELCOME YOU COMRADES, AND NOBAMA ACT OF 2008"

ask anyone who grew up under the communists how wonderful their lives were. Go ahead and ask. I know several who would die before going back.

It really is sad to see what our country has turned into (and is trying to make even worse...). :banghead:

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Here's an organization promoting the Dept of Peace.

http://www.thepeacealliance.org/

Personally, I believe this new "Dept" is nothing more than a waste of tax payers money, in the pursuit of an Utopian ideology.

The only way to create a peaceful world is to totally wipe out the entire human race.
Thus the existence of such wonderfully progressive organizations like the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement. :banghead::banghead:

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bignflnut wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
The only way to create a peaceful world is to totally wipe out the entire human race.
You're on to more than you know: http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/hardtruth/popcontrolagenda.htm

I by no means condone any sort of genicide or extermination program as a way to manage population numbers, but I do believe that most, if not all, of humanities woes stem from overpopulation.

But like I told some Jehova witnesses one time, "As long as there are at least 2 people alive on this earth they will find something to fight over, if ain't nothing but a pile of rocks." Sorry it's just the nature of the beast, human species that is.

LovesHisXD45

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Here's an organization promoting the Dept of Peace.

http://www.thepeacealliance.org/

Personally, I believe this new "Dept" is nothing more than a waste of tax payers money, in the pursuit of an Utopian ideology.
I couldn't agree more.

Why does our government keep trying to reinvent the wheel? They already have all that bullarky in play in some form or another right now. That crap would have just put it all into one nice tiny (huge) package and cost billions in overhead to run.

The government needs to understand that the freedom of choice and to act under the constitution has side effects that, sometimes, lead to unfortunate events or consequences. However, it is better to tolerate the consequences of free agency than to suffer under the tyranny of a controlling government that would "force" a society to act peaceably by removing our freedoms. The sooner they all figure this concept out, the better off we will all be.

Kevin

bignflnut

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
I by no means condone any sort of genicide or extermination program as a way to manage population numbers, but I do believe that most, if not all, of humanities woes stem from overpopulation.

That's the beauty, you don't have to condone genocide. Government does it for you and makes it LEGAL!

Explain to me why the US doesn't stop genocide in Darfur, if you disagree. We used the "ethnic cleansing" excuse to get S. Milosovich (spelling?). Saddam gassed his own people, "how horrific!", they said. He had to be stopped. Crickets on Darfur, though. Puzzling.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bignflnut wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:

That's the beauty, you don't have to condone genocide. Government does it for you and makes it LEGAL!

Explain to me why the US doesn't stop genocide in Darfur, if you disagree. We used the "ethnic cleansing" excuse to get S. Milosovich (spelling?). Saddam gassed his own people, "how horrific!", they said. He had to be stopped. Crickets on Darfur, though. Puzzling.
Why does the US have to be the World Police? Where has the UN been in respect to Darfur? The UN has become the most useless agency ever created, and yet, the liberals in this country seem to want to surrender our Nations soverergnty to this pack of dicatators. That is pretty much what this new "Dept of Peace and Nonviolence" is intended.

bignflnut

Robin47

imported post

One might ask why are 47 of our national parks, now in the control of the "Haritage Foundation"? Maybe this is why we can't OC there now !

As far as UNESCO and the UN, in the Bible it saids in Daniel 7:23-25 about the fourth kingdom which is the last kingdom, that there will be a"One World Government".

Its not to our liking, and does away with a lot if not all freedom as we know it in this country. But heres something to think about ! On May/14/1948 The Nation of Israel was formed again after some 1900 years of being disbanded and spraed all over the world. Just as predicted would be. And was brought back also just as predicted in Ezekiel 36:24 & 34:13 & 37:21 Jeremiah 30:3 & 23:8 and all in one day as stated in Zachariah 3:9,10.

So Im not getting into a debate on the reliability of the Bible, however one might ask themself one question " Does a Nation of Israel exist today" ???

I believe the coming year 2009 will be one of the hardest years we will ever see. God help us in the good old U.S.A.

Robin47

shad0wfax

imported post

Jim McDermott, José Serrano, Al Green, John Conyers and Maxine Waterswere some of the representatives who introduced the bill. That alone should raise red flags.

The phrases that bother me the mostare: "and the overwhelming presence of handguns" and "make policy recommendations to the Attorney General regarding civil rights" in the bill.

That gives you an idea what the mindset of the bill's sponsors is.

Furthermore, the bill is rife with phrases including the words "tolerance" and "diversity" from not only an ethnic, but a social and economic standpoint.

To make matters worse, the bill creates an office of Human Rights and Economic Rights, the head of which will be the Assistant Secretary for Human Rights and Economic Rights and shall carry out those functions in the Depertment supporting the principles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights passed by the General Assembly of the United Nations on December 10, 1948.

The icing on the cake is theproposed formation of an Intergovernmental Advisory Council on Peace and Non-Violence. (It's like the Intergovernmental Panel for Climate Change, only this time the issue is violence, not global warming.)

Although the bill doesn't come right out and say it, it's fairly clear that the representatives introducing the bill want to embrace the UN's policy on small arms restriction and trade along with all of the other UN strategies to reduce violence.

I doubt it will go anywhere in the House.