• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry challenged

SQLtables

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Ok, one of you guys (or both) set it up on the events schedule thread. Get it scheduled and I'll be there for sure.

Please have SpringerXDacp handle the events schedule thread. He's done a great job keeping it clean and uniform. Either PM him or post info here, I'm sure he'll see it.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

sexfreak wrote:
what Saturday are you thinking about? I work this Sat. but I could go as long as I dont end up in the clink.
Why would you end up in the clink. Are you planning on breaking the law???

sexfreak

imported post

no sire.... but not every leo is educated. I have talked toa few flint officers that stated they would arrest me on the spot for brandishing an firearm. they felt that only officers shoud carry open and that if I did that I would be impersonationing an officer. I actually aske almost every officer I run into what the law is on OC. most of them state that it is illegal. I ask them what is illegal about it and wether or not they have read the laws on it or the msp website. ( im a friendly and polite mananer) :)

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

sexfreak wrote:
no sire.... but not every leo is educated. I have talked toa few flint officers that stated they would arrest me on the spot for brandishing an firearm. they felt that only officers shoud carry open and that if I did that I would be impersonationing an officer. I actually aske almost every officer I run into what the law is on OC. most of them state that it is illegal. I ask them what is illegal about it and wether or not they have read the laws on it or the msp website. ( im a friendly and polite mananer) :)
Funny we have many that OC in and around Flint quite often and none have been arrested. Remember some LEO's want to discourage OC, so they say lots of things to scare you into not doing it. When push comes to shove you have the law on your side, if not necessarily the law enforcement officer.

sexfreak

imported post

true. I just havent tried it yet. I really do want to though.any word on when we will be going to breakfast? I know that west side dinner has a great breakfast also. they are located on ballenger right off of miller.

WARCHILD

imported post

You are concerned about their "Intimidation by badge"...... forget it. The most encounter I have had in Flint.... I won't relate the whole story again.... but I was surrounded by 6 Flint city officers, and 2 Genessee county deputies. None of them even gave me a second look. I was wearing my Taurus 9mm (1911 style) which is no small gun. The only problem I had was getting my handcuffs back from the city cop.:X

Forgot to add.... that encounter was on the EAST side of Flint, so.......see what doesn't happen. :cool:

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
You are concerned about their "Intimidation by badge"...... forget it. The most encounter I have had in Flint.... I won't relate the whole story again.... but I was surrounded by 6 Flint city officers, and 2 Genessee county deputies. None of them even gave me a second look. I was wearing my Taurus 9mm (1911 style) which is no small gun. The only problem I had was getting my handcuffs back from the city cop.:X

Forgot to add.... that encounter was on the EAST side of Flint, so.......see what doesn't happen. :cool:
Handcuffs? :question: