• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Open Carry

opencarrypalmtrees

my first open carry lol

well i just put my revolver with the handle sticking out of my pocket and i took a walk around town 33% of the gun was out and to be honest i didn't matter if the gun was concealed in pocket since i had a concealed handgun permit anyway : P

Operator_223

the best explanation I ever heard !!!!

Swann wrote:

Think about it. You were declaring yourself "not a sheep". Sheep get nervous around critters with fangs. They cannot tell the difference between a wolf and a sheepdog.

Remember the saying "It's all relative!"? Since there are no hard definitions in the politically correct mindset (of losers), they have no way of differentiating between good and evil. Their view of the world clashes with their biological hardwiring; it's easy to say "murderers are misunderstood". But, it's another thing entirely to SEE an armed person and BELIEVE they're a murderer...or certainly capable of it. YOUR BEHAVIOR DOES NOT MATTER to them...because they cannot tell the difference. So, they get scared even though your behavior shows NOTHING but good intent.

Welcome to the dog pack :)

THAT WAS THE BEST EXPLANATION i EVER HEARD !! IM USING IT !!! THANK YOU !!!

ocholsteroc

THAT WAS THE BEST EXPLANATION i EVER HEARD !! IM USING IT !!! THANK YOU !!!

That is very good, oh BTW, this thread is old.

Swann wrote:

Think about it. You were declaring yourself "not a sheep". Sheep get nervous around critters with fangs. They cannot tell the difference between a wolf and a sheepdog.

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
well i just put my revolver with the handle sticking out of my pocket and i took a walk around town 33% of the gun was out and to be honest i didn't matter if the gun was concealed in pocket since i had a concealed handgun permit anyway : P

Couple of corrections if I may. It's a grip, not a handle. And you would be well advised and served to use a quality holster for your revolver for reasons beyond the obvious. We do want you to safely enjoy your rights and along with that, present a good and positive image to the public at large when openly carrying a firearm since every one of us is affected by what each of us does when out and about openly armed.

Carry safely and welcome aboard.

Last edited:

Steeler-gal

trx680 wrote: Does anyone have names for their guns? I think I should name mine so I can politely introduce them to each other. Maybe that will help break the ice?

Mine are nicknamed Betty and Veronica but I only use those names when I'm out with my Shooting Divas. I don't think I'd ever tell someone making an inquiry that my gun was code named Veronica. Then again, something like that might break the ice if they're uncomfortable. Hmmmm.

Steeler-gal

Welcome aboard, maybe going out with another person who is a seasoned OC'er might help some of your nervousness.
This helped me a lot the first time I went out. I also asked my friends who carried where they carried so that I knew of places that were definitely OC friendly. Having that kind of info prior to walking in to an establishment reduces my nervousness or my wondering “am I being stared at” or “are they gonna ask me to leave?”

Best advice to get on this board: Get a digital tape recorder!
Why?

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by hsmith
Best advice to get on this board: Get a digital tape recorder!

Why?
Because in an encounter with police, an anti, or in the event your firearm is needed, you have an audible record of what transpired/was said by whom. It's a CYA type thing.

JamesB

Does anyone have names for their guns? I think I should name mine so I can politely introduce them to each other. Maybe that will help break the ice?

American Express (I don't leave home without this one)
and AT&T (for when I want to 'reach out and touch')