• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Urgent help needed NOW to keep the Texas I-35 billboard standing tall!

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Thanks to your support, our open carry rights restoration campaign in Texas has raised awareness of open carry rights worldwide (as evidenced by Governor Schwartzenegger's recent veto of a bill in California to ban open carry) and is having a beneficial effect on the rights restoration campaigns in nearby Arkansas and Oklahoma.
But much is yet to be done, and we need the financial support of members from every state, not just Texas - because under the NATO doctrine of gun rights activism, an infringement on open carry in any state, is an infringement on all our rights!

The Texas legislature meets on 13 January and good news is that our taxi advertising campaign in Austin is paid for thru the end of January, and the Houston bill board will be up any day now paid for at least 2 months.

But we need a minimum of $850 to be immediately contributed to the I-35 campaign in order for us to pay for an extension of our contrast thru December - and will need to raise more eventually to extend the contract into January.

If you can, please donate today at http://www.opencarry.org/billboard.html - if you give at least $10 in one contribution your member status will be changed to "Activist Member." And if you give at least $100 in one contribution your status will become "Founder's Club Member."

And we are now establishing a NEW category of member status for anyone who gives a cumulative total of $1,000 or more to the Texas campaign: "Centurion Member"

Mike has arranged for us to have until Monday Oct. 27 before we must sign another month-long contract with Clear Channel for the I-35 billboard.

So if you can, please give today at http://www.opencarry.org/billboard.html, and ask your friends to do that same!

Thank you so much for all the support! We couldn't do any of this without our dedicated members!

John & Mike

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Bookman wrote:
Done! Sorry it was an 11th hour thing.
great - we will see where we are shortly.

If even half our memebrs just gave a one time contribution of $10 we would have a HUGE war chest.

I can't wait to see what Centurian Members have stepped up to the plate!!