• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Dinner--Glory Days Grill in Centreville

nova

imported post

Hey everyone I was thinking we should have a dinner (or lunch for that matter) at the Glory Days we went to one time I think in August. Anyhow the manager said we were welcome to come back anytime, no reservation needed. I figure it's always good to support a place run by a pro-2A guy whenever possible (like Chammps in Reston also).

Just throwing it out there, didn't want to pick a date yet since the VCDL meeting/dinner is sometime in November (listed as 18th but isn't the meeting normally on Thursdays?)

EDIT: SUNDAY, NOV. 9th, 7:00PM,

Glory Days Grill

13850 Braddock Rd # A, Centreville, VA‎

RSVP in the following link:
http://www.socializr.com/event/767407690?privateEventCode=1930812781

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Not always on Thursdays - it's when the VP can get an appropriate room during the week. Tuesdays and Wednesdays aren't that unusual.

nova

imported post

Didn't know that. Thanks for filling me in Tess! :)

nova

imported post

How about Sunday, Nov. 9th? 7:00pm?

If I get any interest I'll create an evite.

For now, just post here :)

If Sun. is no good, we could bump it to Sat, the 8th.

TexasNative

imported post

...checks NFL schedule for that date...

Sure, it's a bye week, so there won't be any schedule conflicts. :)

~ Boyd

Marco

imported post

I'd be up for a weekend/weekday lunch.
I like tucking my kids in, bedtime for them is 1930.
I do make a few exceptions.

nova

imported post

Here we go!

EDIT: link deleted
Hmm...we could change it to a lunch if that fits everyone better, so we won't have so many "dinners" in a row since the VCDL meeting is not far off. Let me know everyone! :)

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

useful_idiot wrote:
The evite takes me to a registration page for the evite system. Do I have to register to reply to the evite?

:cool:
If you replied to one before you have to use that login I think.. I am still learning it.. When I log in.. it thinks I AM dave (nova).. So I wrote their support team.. until lthen.. I am a maybe.

Glock27Bill

imported post

ed wrote:
useful_idiot wrote:
The evite takes me to a registration page for the evite system. Do I have to register to reply to the evite?

:cool:
If you replied to one before you have to use that login I think.. I am still learning it.. When I log in.. it thinks I AM dave (nova).. So I wrote their support team.. until lthen.. I am a maybe.

Me too.

I'll wait for the post that says it's fixed to officially reply, but I'll be there.

nova

imported post

Thanks for the heads up everyone. I got rid of the evite invitation. Just post here in this thread your RSVP. Thanks! :)

Marco

imported post

nova wrote:
How about Sunday, Nov. 9th? 7:00pm?

If I get any interest I'll create an evite.

For now, just post here :)

If Sun. is no good, we could bump it to Sat, the 8th.
The OP's third post in this thread shows he hasn't confirmed and is still taking input.

nova

imported post

Ok...ed has my permission to try out that other site that makes invitations, for:

Sunday, Nov 9th, 7:00pm.

There's the set time then :)

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

nova wrote:
Ok...ed has my permission to try out that other site that makes invitations, for:

Sunday, Nov 9th, 7:00pm.

There's the set time then :)
Ok.. so here is the NEW RSVP URL:

http://www.socializr.com/event/767407690?privateEventCode=1930812781

Nova will also edit it and put it in his first post. His original evite did not work because of the way he posted the URL but it gives us a chance to test evites competition.

Thanks Dave!

Ed

nova

imported post

No, thank YOU, ed!

on an unrelated note,

I can't help myself. I placed another order from MidwayUSA again today.

Hopefully I'll get that job I just applied for...extra money can never hurt! :lol: