• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Drama Queens

PT111

imported post

In another thread someone used the term "Drama Queen" and it got me to thinking. Sometimes the topic titles that are posted come close to being more drama than substance. Sometimes when I open a thread that sounds very interesting I find that it is the same old mess and has already been beaten to death. There are some thatwould really justturn some people off more than help the cause and label the poster more of a radical than what we are trying to project.

I very much like most of the news articles people post but some of this exaggeration both in the title and some of the comments just takes the shock effect out of the actual news. Does anyone else feel this way?

nova

imported post

I very much like most of the news articles people post but some of this exaggeration both in the title and some of the comments just takes the shock effect out of the actual news. Does anyone else feel this way?

Maybe that's a good thing. If we react to the 'shock' of the news then we're no better than the gun grabbers. THINK, then ACT.