• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another college shooting incident

KBCraig

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Interim UCA President Tom Courtway..... ....stressed that every precaution was being taken to ensure the safety of the students who remained in their dormitory rooms.
Makes me wonder what happened to the only UCA President.
"Only"? You mean, previous? He stepped down because he has eye cancer. There was also a bit of a scandal involving finances and a bonus he received, but his illness truly is serious enough that he needed to retire and focus on his treatment.

He was my Business Law professor at Arkansas Tech; Lu Hardin is his name.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D94436K80&show_article=1&catnum=0

dot.gif

In this photo released by the Faulkner County Sheriff's Office, Kawin...

In this photo released by the Faulkner County Sheriff's, Office Kelcey...

University of Central Arkansas interim President Tom Courtway, right, speaks...

dot.gif
CONWAY, Ark. (AP) - The sight of campus police rushing across a courtyard left jittery students wondering whether they should run for cover. While there was no cause for alarm Tuesday, the students' anxiety attests to the lingering tension at the University of Central Arkansas in the aftermath of a campus shooting that left two dead and another wounded. Prosecutors charged four young men with two counts of capital murder each and a host of other felonies in connection with Sunday's attack. They also acknowledged a particularly disturbing aspect of shootings: The victims might not have been the targets of the gunmen.
"This is an incredibly heinous case," Prosecutor Marcus Vaden said at a news conference. "When you have a situation where it appears some, if not all, of the victims were innocent bystanders, that's bad."
The gunmen apparently had been on campus for several minutes before driving toward a group of students near the Arkansas Hall dormitory, campus police Lt. Preston Grumbles said. They fired at least eight rounds from a semiautomatic pistol at the group, he said. He declined to say whether multiple handguns were used.
Investigators declined to offer further details of the shootings or a motive.
Kawin Brockman, 19, Kelcey Perry, 19, and Mario Toney, 20, all of the Little Rock area, and Brandon Wade, 20, of Lake Village in southeast Arkansas, could face the death penalty or a life sentence if convicted on one of the murder charges. They also face charges of attempted capital murder, eight counts of terroristic threatening, illegally possessing a firearm, firing a weapon from a car and having a handgun on a public school property.
Each of the defendants has a criminal record, Vaden said. Some have spoken with investigators about the night of the crime, he said.
They are accused in the shooting deaths of Ryan Henderson, 18, of Little Rock, and Chavares Block, 19, of Dermott, a small city near Lake Village.
Martrevis Norman, of Blytheville, who is not a UCA student, was treated for a leg wound at a local hospital and released.
The four suspects are being held in the Faulkner County jail without bond pending a court hearing. Police did not name their lawyers. A man who answered a telephone at Wade's address said Wade was not represented by a lawyer, but declined to comment further. Attempts to contact family of the other defendants were unsuccessful.
Classes resumed Tuesday at the college's campus in Conway, about 30 miles north of Little Rock.
More than 300 students, faculty members and Conway residents filed into an auditorium in the afternoon to remember the two slain students.
"We will move forward," Wendy Holbrook, associate dean of students, told those gathered. "We will not forget."

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thanks for the update, Doug!

WTH is wrong with people? I do not understand the punks who go around shooting people. I also don't understand those who read of these punks in the news daily and then have the temerity to ask me why I carry a sidearm every day and believe that campuses would be safer if law abiding students were allowed to be armed as they will.

The Donkey

imported post

Pointman wrote:
The university has made arrangements with gun safe manufacturers and sells gun and ammunition safes at cost in the campus bookstore. We also have several brands of personal security and range ammunition for sale at cost. The university has partnered with several local gun stores to offer student discounts to those who wish to purchase self-security weapons or use the gun range.

I'd like to remind everyone that inappropriate use of physical force,martial arts, weapons, or any sort of intimidation is not permitted by the university and will be dealt with rapidly, and in a fair and just manner. This university strives to provide a safe and friendly learning environment where all students can learn and grow.

Sounds like you should be writing student manuals at Liberty University.

Wonder when we are going to hear from them about their new CC rules?