Thread: You have inspired me to OC

Post imported post

Just thought I would tell you guys (and girls) a little about myself and how you inspired me. My name is Jonathon and I am 21 years old. I am a Lance Corporal in the USMC stationed at Bangor. I got my concealed carry permit the day I turned 21 so that I may better protect myself and my family as soon as possible and I really thought that was the only way to carry. I have always been a firm believer in "talk soft and carry a big stick" and you people have educated and inspired me carry open. This country needs as many of you as it can get and the public is better off because of it. I just ordered my OC rig and can't wait for it to get here. The rights of the people have always been important to me, that's why I joined the Corps and that's why I joined this organization. Thank you

Post imported post

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service.

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here

Post imported post

Ooh-Rah! Marine. Congrats on your choice and thank you for your service. I did just shy of 9 years in the Marines, a lot of good memories (and some crappy ones too ).

Always curious to know what and how people carry (concealed or not) if you don't mind sharing.

For me, when concealed it is either SW J-frame .357 in a pocket holster or my Comp-tac MTAC at four o'clock holding an SW M&P9c or Glock 30SF.

For OC I use Blackhawk Serpa holsters and in addition to the above can opt for a Glock 21SF or Glock 23

Post imported post

You are very welcome. My choice of carry is a Springfield xd 45 4" with TFOs and a 4 lbs trigger. Its on my hip by way of a Galco fletch black leather holster.

Post imported post

Welcome from an Active Navy Guy. M&P9c.
    Iím proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

sempercarry wrote:
    You are very welcome. My choice of carry is a Springfield xd 45 4" with TFOs and a 4 lbs trigger. Its on my hip by way of a Galco fletch black leather holster.
    I carry is Springfield XD 40 Service Model (4"). Very nice choice in sidearm, they are a wonderful gun! Thank you for serving our country. You are welcome with open arms into the OC Family.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

HI and welcome to OCDO. Try to make a OC meeting sometime I hope to have a chance to meet you. I also carry a Springfirld 1911 CC, XDm and XD 40 forOC.

Post imported post

Sempercarry, Welcome to the wonderful world of OC. Former FMF Corpsman here, stop into Sportsman's Warehouse in Silverdale and ask for JIM, Look forward to a meet up.

Post imported post

Imin sportsmans 3 times a week...look forward to seeing you. Thanks to everybody else, its always nice to be reminded that the gun community is so welcoming.

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
    Sempercarry, Welcome to the wonderful world of OC. Former FMF Corpsman here, stop into Sportsman's Warehouse in Silverdale and ask for JIM, Look forward to a meet up.
    I'm in there at least once a week myself... Will have to stop by the gun counter and say Hi... Never thought of it before... :?

To the OP welcome... I happened to find out about OCDO while I was at work and they were having a picnic out here in Kitsap County... Pretty much been a member since that day...

Post imported post

Enjoy both open and concealed carry, just don't do forget you have it and accidentally carryit at SUBASE Bangor (or Naval Base Kitsap, whatever they're calling it now). :P

(Former Navy myself, thank you for serving, Marine.)

Post imported post

Welcome aboard and thanks for your service.

I go back and forth between OC and CC; the real freedom is freedom of choice.