• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Range Closed

darthmord

imported post

What?!? Range closed?

Gah, must be the range renovations they have mentioned. They were wanting to do a bunch of work on the range later this year. I guess we now know when "later this year" is.

I'm going to call them to confirm. Can't get anyone to answer at Bob's right now. But I'll keep trying.

darthmord

imported post

I can confirm this is the case. I called Bob's earlier this afternoon and they informed me the range was closed until (tentatively) Saturday morning for remodelling and maintenance.

Per the gentleman I talked with, they are replacing the armor plating and other sidings along with doing other work that needs to be done to the range area.

I was also told to call ahead to ensure the range would be open on Saturday as they may or may not get done by Saturday morning.

tripledipper

imported post

I know this sounds way, way out there, but is it more than a coincidence that this week was chosen to close the range and aObama Rallyis at Harbor Park tonight? Did Mr. Marcus get a visit from Secret Service suggesting he might want to do some repairs? None of hisemployees knew anything about the range closing until they walked in on Monday morning.
Then again, I also believe in UFO's.:celebrate

Thundar

imported post

tripledipper wrote:
I know this sounds way, way out there, but is it more than a coincidence that this week was chosen to close the range and aObama Rallyis at Harbor Park tonight? Did Mr. Marcus get a visit from Secret Service suggesting he might want to do some repairs? None of hisemployees knew anything about the range closing until they walked in on Monday morning.
Then again, I also believe in UFO's.:celebrate

Nobama rally at Harbor Park tonight??? A great place for long gun open carry!!!! (outside of theSS area, of course.) We must always be prepared for UFOs and Zombies!!!

Obama rally at Harbor Park in Norfolk on Tuesday

The Virginian-Pilot
© October 26, 2008
Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama will speak at a Tuesday night rally at Harbor Park in Norfolk.

The rally at the downtown baseball stadium will begin at 9:30 p.m. Doors will open at 7. The event is free and open to the public. Tickets are not required, but RSVP is encouraged. To do that, go to www.VA.barackobama.com.

This will be Obama’s ninth visit to Virginia since the end of the primary campaign.

Earlier Tuesday, Obama will be at a rally at James Madison University in Harrisonburg.

That rally will begin at 5:15 p.m. at the Convocation Center. Doors will open at 3:15. The event is free and open to the public.

The senator from Illinois has been in Chesapeake, Norfolk and Newport News since August.

Republican vice presidential candidate Gov. Sarah Palin is planning a rally in Leesburg today