• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

To go or not to go, that is the question!

danbus

imported post

http://www.wvec.com/news/topstories/stories/wvec_top_102608_obama_norfolk.14f339f10.html

[size="+2"]Obama schedules Harbor Park rally Tuesday evening[/size] [size="-1"]03:33 PM EDT on Sunday, October 26, 2008[/size] [size="-1"]13News[/size] NORFOLK -- Sen. Barack Obama has scheduled another rally in Hampton Roads. The campaign announced Sunday that Obama would hold a “Change We Need” rally Tuesday night at Harbor Park in Norfolk.
This will be Obama’s ninth trip to Virginia since the end of the primary campaign and his fourth visit to Hampton Roads, where he has campaigned in Chesapeake, Newport News, and Norfolk.
Obama’s running mate, Sen. Joe Biden, was in Suffolk on Saturday.
The candidates have been making tracks to Virginia in recent weeks with the commonwealth up for grabs on Election Day. Obama is attempting to break a long drought in Virginia, becoming the first Democrat for president to win the state in 44 years. Obama was in Richmond and northern Virginia last week.
Norfolk will be Obama’s second campaign stop of the day in Virginia. He will hold a rally at James Madison University in Harrisonburg earlier in the day.
Republican VP nominee Sarah Palin will hold a rally in Salem, Va. on Monday. The presidential candidates are also campaigning heavily in North Carolina, where both Obama and McCain will hold rallies next week.
Tuesday’s event at Harbor Park is free and open to the public, and tickets are not required. However, the campaign says that an RSVP is strongly encouraged.
According to his campaign, Obama’s speech in Norfolk will deal with the economy, health care, and taxes.
Harbor Park is located at 150 Park Avenue in downtown Norfolk. Gates will open at 7:00 p.m. and the program begins at 9:30.
To RSVP, go to www.VA.barackobama.com or call 757.228.4439. Admission will be on a first come, first serve basis.
Limited on-site parking is available at Harbor park, but attendees may also use the MacArthur Center Garage and other downtown lots.
For more information about transport and parking in Norfolk, visit www.norfolk.gov.
For security reasons, do not bring bags and limit personal items, and no signs or banners will be allowed, according to the campaign.

The Associated Press also contributed to this report.
-
Too bad I have to work. I would love to wear my hat and my button.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

:cuss::banghead::cuss: Dan,

You are supposed to be staying under the radar for now. We do not want to attend your funeral before your court case is over.

Nice to hear that you still have employment. Try to keep it, OK?

stay safe.

skidmark

67GT390FB

imported post

skidmark wrote:

You are supposed to be staying under the radar for now. We do not want to attend your funeral before your court case is over.

Nice to hear that you still have employment. Try to keep it, OK?

stay safe.

skidmark

skid,

breathe, take your meds, Dan specifically states that he wants to wear his hat and his button, nowhere does he indicate wanting to OC at this event. Settle down just a little bit, not too much as we like you to be slightly grumpy as that makes looming much easier.:lol:

joe

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

IMO - any negative publicity of newly inspired/planned/suggested activity by you would be ill received by the public. No flames on rights please.

Staying "under the radar" means different things but included I think should be the avoidance of appearing to be what the press has already labeled you - someone who just wants to stir things up for their own benefit.

There is to much to lose and too little to gain by repeatedly pushing the same corner of the envelope. You have done well Dan, much more effectively than some predicted. Now save your energy and even your thoughts - do not be the one to stir this pot and most assuredly not now.

Yes I know you only said you'ld love to - no hint that you really would. For me and those like me Dan, go to work, watch a lot of television and rest.

Yata hey

cREbralFIX

imported post

It's a sorry day in this country when we have to "stay under the radar".

Well...it's just proof that the political class IS MORE important than the average citizen.

And they want me to vote!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

cREbralFIX wrote:
It's a sorry day in this country when we have to "stay under the radar".

Well...it's just proof that the political class IS MORE important than the average citizen.

And they want me to vote!
Not at all - Dan (the average citizen) is MORE important than the political class and that is why a few of us responded as we did.

And I would vote for him because he would vote with his head and his heart not our pocket books. Most politicians are (nicely put) characters - Dan has character.

Yata hey

hsmith

imported post

dan should take his money from his up and coming lawsuit and run for office in Norfolk, straighten things out :lol:

SaltH2OHokie

imported post

hsmith wrote:
dan should take his money from his up and coming lawsuit and run for office in Norfolk, straighten things out :lol:
If that happened, maybe I would let my girlfriend convince me to move to Norfolk...

As to the O rally, my dad and uncle will be there; he just called to tell me.

Look for the guy that doesn't look like me, doesn't act like me and doesn't vote like me. His brother will be the taller version of the same :lol:

AbNo

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Not at all - Dan (the average citizen) is MORE important than the political class and that is why a few of us responded as we did.

And I would vote for him because he would vote with his head and his heart not our pocket books. Most politicians are (nicely put) characters - Dan has character.
If Dan keeps raking in Norfolk's tax collections like this, he MIGHT BE making his decisions with our pocket books. :lol:

Still, I'd rather he spend it than those a:cuss::cuss:holes on the Norfolk City Council.

Maybe some of us should run for NCC.

nova

imported post

razor_baghdad wrote:
On a lighter note....it's time for someone else to get paid Danbus....:p

JK...:dude:
maybe he doesn't believe in "spreading the wealth"! :p

nova

imported post

richarcm wrote:
He will hold a rally at James Madison University in Harrisonburg earlier in the day.
*VOMIT*

He really is going for the college (idiot, stupid, easily manipulated youth) vote. Funny though, because a lot of people at the large universities aren't actually from Virginia anyhow.

Obama wouldn't like the "real" virginia as George MacacaAllen put it (I still can't believe he blew the whole election to Webb because of a dumb statement...too bad he didn't have the media immunity like Biden has now)

6L6GC

imported post

if you go, I suggest that you have a friend (or two) that knows how to discretely use a camcorder to follow you around. Have them to tail you and if Norfolk's finest (yeah, yeah, I know) wants to "interact" with you, then your friends can get the whole thing on video while pretending to be unconcerned/unaware.

Be careful whatever you decide to do.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

nova wrote:
He really is going for the college (idiot, stupid, easily manipulated youth) vote. Funny though, because a lot of people at the large universities aren't actually from Virginia anyhow.

Obama wouldn't like the "real" virginia as George MacacaAllen put it (I still can't believe he blew the whole election to Webb because of a dumb statement...too bad he didn't have the media immunity like Biden has now)
He has no choice. He knows he could not be elected by the people who were registered and voted in the last election. He has to promise the moon and stars to people who don't know better, because that's the only way he can win.

And I'm sure everyone here knows that winning is all he cares about.

Thundar

imported post

skidmark wrote:

You are supposed to be staying under the radar for now.

What the hell does stay under the radar mean?

For example: Don't exercise your rights Dan. The Anti-gun zombies have intimidated us, they win,

or: gee if you get arrested again for legal activity, theNorfolk P.D. might actually develop a pattern of legal behavior against you Dan,

or: if you insult BHO with a gun outside his rally Dan, you might be labeled as a gun rights extremist instead of a civil rights advocate.

Dan will be working unfortunately. Fortunately my Swedish Mauser and I are off at 5 PM.