• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

it's a trifecta

wndedwolf

imported post

hey all, had an interesting day carrying this last saturday in colorado springs, first encounter was at the culvers over on powers, my girlfriend and i were grabbing some lunch before picking up a uhaul truck to move some wood. we sat down next to a younger kid ( 20 ish ) and on older man the kid was talking about nobama and i thought "ok here we go" a few minutes later he approached us and asked if i carried for a job or self defense, i told him self defense and he asked me if i ever had any issues, to which i responded that so far very few people have noticed from what i could tell we talked for a few more minutes and then he left. picked up the truck from uhaul while there a family was ahead of us with no conversation, when i dropped of the truck at the end of the day the same family was there, and the father pointed out my gun to his 4 or 5 year old, he also asked why i was open carrying and again i told him it was for self defense. On the way home i stopped in the sinclair gas station off cimmarron in manitou to get gas and a soda and the girl working there asked if i was a "cop" i stated i wasn't and per most responses here the next question was " do you have a permit to carry open" lol pulling a response from someone here i gave here the confused "why would i need a permit to openly carry?" then backed it up with you dont need to have a permit in co, so we talked for a couple of minutes and i went about my way.

Evil Ernie

imported post

Well done Wolf!!!
You didn't come off as an a-hole or offer up some stupid smartass reason. You played your cards very well and now there are 3+ people who are smarter because of it. Keep up the good work!

wndedwolf

imported post

lol well i dont know about the a-hole comment but i like to think i can read a situation and respond appropriately maybe us c/s castle rock folks should try to plan a o/c get together i've seen some other folks that do that.

PikesPeakMtnMan

imported post

I'm all for a get together for us Front Range folk....in all my years here I've only seen one other OCer in the Springs (actually anywhere) and this was several years ago. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one doing it (admittedly I don't OC often, mostly CC, but I'm doing it more and more).

PS...DKB is the name I used to post under....so I'm not quite as new as my post count indicates:lol::lol:

wndedwolf

imported post

that sounds good mtman i believe someone else that posts here alot is also from the springs and has remarked that he has never seen anyone else open carry which i can also attest to not that i'm out and about alot myself but most of the time i open carry. feel free to get ahold of me maybe we can get together with the castle rock folks and set something up somewhere in the middle of us.