• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sheeple giving up guns

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

So if you're a crook in NYC and like stealing guns, then you know you can always rely onsome tax dollars to payyou for them no questions asked.

It would look bad if the government barged into houses and took guns. Perhaps they thought privatizationwould be better recieved by the public.

sraacke

imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
Ohhhhh! My! Wish they'd do that near me.:shock:
+1 . I have a couple of old .22 rilfes in my closet which aren't worth it would cost to melt them down. I'd love to get $200 for them. Now that I think about it I have an old Davis .22magnum derrenger that I could get rid of for that price too. $600 would be a nice downpayment on another AR.

Overtaxed

imported post

There was some really decent stuff on that table (A pic of the "haul" was part of the NY Daily News article) - I only saw a couple of items that would be looked upon as "junk guns."

"What a waste" was my primary thought on that one...

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

They just tried a new twist on this yesterday here in New Orleans - Music for Guns. The idea was for people to turn in their guns in exchange for a musical instrument or music lessons. They got lots of donated instruments and raised $30,000. But only 12 people turned in guns, and the ones pictured in the referenced article below looked useless and rusty to me.

http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2008/11/program_aims_to_replace_guns_w.html

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Question: Do they even bother checking to see if any are stolen, or do they just destroy them? I see a couple of hunting rifles mixed into the lot, and I find it hard to believe that the brothers in Harlem have Central Park 10 pointers mounted in their living rooms.

AbNo

imported post

"This saves lives - young lives especially," the Rev. Calvin Butts of the Abyssinian Baptist Church said at a press conference during which he praised Morgenthau's office and the NYPD for sticking to their promise of "no questions asked."

What do you think "no questions asked" means?

It's basically a state-funded way to destroy evidence.

Statesman

imported post

This doesn't bother me at all. Anyone willing to give up arms, probably wouldn't use them anyway. What would worry me is if people that frequent this board participated in this incentive based voluntary gun grab.

stevenh512

imported post

AbNo wrote:
"This saves lives - young lives especially," the Rev. Calvin Butts of the Abyssinian Baptist Church said at a press conference during which he praised Morgenthau's office and the NYPD for sticking to their promise of "no questions asked."

What do you think "no questions asked" means?

It's basically a state-funded way to destroy evidence.
I've always thought the same thing about these "no questions asked" cash for guns programs. If I were a criminal and this is really "no questions asked" it would be a great way to dispose of any guns I might have shot someone with.