Thread: Knife Carry

Post imported post

Hello, I will be moving to Indiana soon, here in Kentucky I commonly keep a hunting knife on my belt, in a scabbard with a retention strap, I pretty much carry this everywhere except the courthouse and other prohibited places.

What is the law in Indiana regarding the carrying of knives, am I legal to keep a knife on my belt in the manner I described?

Post imported post

http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/cod.../ar47/ch5.html

The "assisted open" knives are legal since they have you touch the blade to open them, instead of a button. Throwing knives are legal since they aren't propelled mechanically. If anybody gives you trouble about throwing knives just say they are workout gear, a buddy of mine used this in the past. You can strap a broadsword to your back if you'd like. I usually have at least 2 knives on me everywhere I go, just folders though.

Post imported post

I carry a regular old hunting knife in a sheath on my belt. I walked around wal-mart today, got a few odd looks but no one ran screaming or anything. I'll prolly carry again tomorrow, let the locals get use to seeing me with my knife and I feel confident after a few days the places I plan to frequent will see that I am just a regular guy who happens to carry a knife.