• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Knife Carry

AbsolutZer0

imported post

Hello, I will be moving to Indiana soon, here in Kentucky I commonly keep a hunting knife on my belt, in a scabbard with a retention strap, I pretty much carry this everywhere except the courthouse and other prohibited places.

What is the law in Indiana regarding the carrying of knives, am I legal to keep a knife on my belt in the manner I described?

Jubbie

imported post

http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/code/title35/ar47/ch5.html

The "assisted open" knives are legal since they have you touch the blade to open them, instead of a button. Throwing knives are legal since they aren't propelled mechanically. If anybody gives you trouble about throwing knives just say they are workout gear, a buddy of mine used this in the past. You can strap a broadsword to your back if you'd like. I usually have at least 2 knives on me everywhere I go, just folders though.

AbsolutZer0

imported post

I carry a regular old hunting knife in a sheath on my belt. I walked around wal-mart today, got a few odd looks but no one ran screaming or anything. I'll prolly carry again tomorrow, let the locals get use to seeing me with my knife and I feel confident after a few days the places I plan to frequent will see that I am just a regular guy who happens to carry a knife.