Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Almost got kicked off Mason Transit

  1. #1
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Olympia, WA, ,
    Posts
    3,201

    Post imported post

    So I was boarding the bus to Shelton today in Olympia, and was carrying my SKS in a soft case and CCing my revolver.

    Long story short, the bus driver tried to kick me off the bus for the gun. I got him to call his dispatcher who didn't know the law, who talked to someone who knew what was up and I was macigally allowed back on the bus...

    I've already been through this with Mason Transit, they reworded their illegal "no weapons" policy to reflect the reality of RCW 9.91.025. I'm pretty annoyed over this whole thing. I guess they can't be bothered to educate their drivers. For that matter I don't think they can be bothered to fix the suspension on some of their coaches...

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    429

    Post imported post

    When I transport my AR 15 people asked me what kind of guitar I play.
    On another trip I was coming from the range and did not want to leave my AR and 6 magazines of ammo in my truck so I went to see my friend who lived at a assisted living center. There was a lady who greeted me with a big smile and said are you going to play for us or just your friend. I said not now I am just here to see my friend.
    So I went in with my AR15 and concealed carry my FN 5.7. If they only knew who they let in.

    So may I suggest putting your SKS in a guitar case?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    69

    Post imported post

    I take the bus w. a Drag bag people always look at me like I'm some psyko... except for the Microsoft ppl on 545 they always ask me all sorts of questions, I even converted one of them to come to the range w. me a couple times.

  4. #4
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Olympia, WA, ,
    Posts
    3,201

    Post imported post

    phone guy wrote:
    So may I suggest putting your SKS in a guitar case?
    Why should I? It's legal to transport cased long arms on the bus. It's not my fault if the transit authorities do not take the time to educate their employees. Mason Transit is such a two bit operation, there is simply no excuse for lack of communication.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,546

    Post imported post

    shakul wrote:
    I take the bus w. a Drag bag people always look at me like I'm some psyko... except for the Microsoft ppl on 545 they always ask me all sorts of questions, I even converted one of them to come to the range w. me a couple times.
    Hey, we have an active shooting forum and distribution list! As a bonus, everyone on it writes with an ability above that of a third grader .
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    69

    Post imported post

    Tawnos wrote:
    Hey, we have an active shooting forum and distribution list! As a bonus, everyone on it writes with an ability above that of a third grader .
    I'm confused >.<

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,546

    Post imported post

    shakul wrote:
    Tawnos wrote:
    Hey, we have an active shooting forum and distribution list! As a bonus, everyone on it writes with an ability above that of a third grader .
    I'm confused >.<
    I work at MS, I also OC, as do others there, we're not all people who are in a state of utter confusion with regards to firearms.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    69

    Post imported post

    Oh LOL... ok that makes sense

    So do they allow firearms into the MS campuses? (oc/cc or otherwise) Or do you guys leave them in yer cars ?

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    429

    Post imported post

    Tawnos wrote:
    shakul wrote:
    Tawnos wrote:
    Hey, we have an active shooting forum and distribution list! As a bonus, everyone on it writes with an ability above that of a third grader .
    I'm confused >.<
    I work at MS, I also OC, as do others there, we're not all people who are in a state of utter confusion with regards to firearms.
    Thats cool, they let you open carry to work at Micro Soft.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,546

    Post imported post

    shakul wrote:
    Oh LOL... ok that makes sense

    So do they allow firearms into the MS campuses? (oc/cc or otherwise) Or do you guys leave them in yer cars ?
    Neither

    Firearms and other weapons are offenses punishable by immediate dismissal.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,327

    Post imported post

    I know this is all mostly polite banter more than serious conversation.... but to take it seriously for a moment, I didn't see anywhere that Tawnos was saying MS management was clueful about firearms.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •