• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Almost got kicked off Mason Transit

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

So I was boarding the bus to Shelton today in Olympia, and was carrying my SKS in a soft case and CCing my revolver.

Long story short, the bus driver tried to kick me off the bus for the gun. I got him to call his dispatcher who didn't know the law, who talked to someone who knew what was up and I was macigally allowed back on the bus...

I've already been through this with Mason Transit, they reworded their illegal "no weapons" policy to reflect the reality of RCW 9.91.025. I'm pretty annoyed over this whole thing. I guess they can't be bothered to educate their drivers. For that matter I don't think they can be bothered to fix the suspension on some of their coaches...

phoneguy

imported post

When I transport my AR 15 people asked me what kind of guitar I play.
On another trip I was coming from the range and did not want to leave my AR and 6 magazines of ammo in my truck so I went to see my friend who lived at a assisted living center. There was a lady who greeted me with a big smile and said are you going to play for us or just your friend. I said not now I am just here to see my friend.
So I went in with my AR15 and concealed carry my FN 5.7. If they only knew who they let in.

So may I suggest putting your SKS in a guitar case?

shakul

imported post

I take the bus w. a Drag bag :) people always look at me like I'm some psyko... except for the Microsoft ppl on 545 they always ask me all sorts of questions, I even converted one of them to come to the range w. me a couple times.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

phone guy wrote:
So may I suggest putting your SKS in a guitar case?
Why should I? It's legal to transport cased long arms on the bus. It's not my fault if the transit authorities do not take the time to educate their employees. Mason Transit is such a two bit operation, there is simply no excuse for lack of communication.

Tawnos

imported post

shakul wrote:
I take the bus w. a Drag bag :) people always look at me like I'm some psyko... except for the Microsoft ppl on 545 they always ask me all sorts of questions, I even converted one of them to come to the range w. me a couple times.
Hey, we have an active shooting forum and distribution list! As a bonus, everyone on it writes with an ability above that of a third grader ;).

Tawnos

imported post

shakul wrote:
Tawnos wrote:
Hey, we have an active shooting forum and distribution list! As a bonus, everyone on it writes with an ability above that of a third grader ;).

I'm confused >.<
I work at MS, I also OC, as do others there, we're not all people who are in a state of utter confusion with regards to firearms.

shakul

imported post

Oh LOL... ok that makes sense :)

So do they allow firearms into the MS campuses? (oc/cc or otherwise) Or do you guys leave them in yer cars ?

phoneguy

imported post

Tawnos wrote:
shakul wrote:
Tawnos wrote:

I'm confused >.<
I work at MS, I also OC, as do others there, we're not all people who are in a state of utter confusion with regards to firearms.
Thats cool, they let you open carry to work at Micro Soft.

Tawnos

imported post

shakul wrote:
Oh LOL... ok that makes sense :)

So do they allow firearms into the MS campuses? (oc/cc or otherwise) Or do you guys leave them in yer cars ?
Neither :(

Firearms and other weapons are offenses punishable by immediate dismissal.

kparker

imported post

I know this is all mostly polite banter more than serious conversation.... but to take it seriously for a moment, I didn't see anywhere that Tawnos was saying MS management was clueful about firearms.