Thread: IWB is it concealed in NM?

Post imported post

Is carrying in an inside the waistband holster concealed if the grip and upper part of holster is CLEARLY visible, or is it a grey area?

Post imported post

I've seen people OC like that before, tucked in shirt, IWB with the butt of the gun visible. But I'm not 100% sure.

Post imported post

To me that would be a poor job of conceal carry. You may expect to be stopped by a LEO requesting a ccl. Good question, wish I knew the answer but if it was me without a license, I would not chance it.

Post imported post

If you're going to OC... then use an appropriate OC holster. IWB's are NOT made for OC. How many people on this forum (all over) find themselves jacked up for CC w/o a CWP/CCW because of these damn IWB holsters? "Oh... my shirt 'accidentally' covered it." Puleeze! If you don't have the sand to OC then don't carry the piece at all. OC in NM is same as AZ... Open Carry is 'OPEN CARRY'.

Post imported post

I prefer my IWB holster for retention security, and snug close to body efficiency. This works well with my anatomy, and I don't have to worry about "bumping" someone in the aisles with an OWB rig.One size isn't going to fit all -ever. So I would hesitate to impute "sand" quotients into another's choice of how to wear their weapon. IWB is NOT concealed if the weapon is NOT concealed.