• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where is my thread on the gun show accident?

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Is it not ok to post such an article to express condolences in this forum? I mean we have gun shows here, we recently discussed having loaded firearms at gun shows, we often talk about firearms training.

Does something have to actually occur in Virginia before we can discuss it here?

TexasNative

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Does something have to actually occur in Virginia before we can discuss it here?
That would appear to be the case. I suppose that lets folks from other states who don't visit here know about it.

KBCraig

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Is it not ok to post such an article to express condolences in this forum? I mean we have gun shows here, we recently discussed having loaded firearms at gun shows, we often talk about firearms training.

This incident didn't take place at a gun show.

There are different forums for a reason. It's irritating to view new posts, only to find the same story repeated in every state's forum. News items should be posted in the state where they happened, and if they're of national importance, they should be split off into the appropriate national forum.

That's pretty much what the owners do, and I agree with them.

Sheriff

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
It's irritating to view new posts, only to find the same story repeated in every state's forum.

You have time to read every forum? :shock:

All I read on a daily basis is the Virginia forum and the General Discussions forum.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sheriff wrote:
KBCraig wrote:
 It's irritating to view new posts, only to find the same story repeated in every state's forum.  

You have time to read every forum?   :shock:

All I read on a daily basis is the Virginia forum and the General Discussions forum.
It's called the "recent posts" button. :cool:

Sheriff

imported post

marshaul wrote:
It's called the "recent posts" button. :cool:
I can't imagine having time to just read the most recent posts in every forum.

People do this every day?