• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

All Guns banned in public parks?

shakul

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
quentusrex wrote:
Does anyone who works on/around the base/fort know of a procedure for those who carry when off the base/fort? I'm curious if there is a better option than 'leave it at home'.
Something you might consider, is that the military's view is that you are technically on duty 24/7. Hence it never hurts to have a letter of permission to carry when not on post. If, God forbid, something should happen and you have permission, then you are covered. Your medical will cover you and they can not charge you for not being able to report for duty. It will also protect you from civilian authorities to some extent too. I had a letter of permission to drag race off base, the military views this as a dangerous activity, and when I broke an arm in a fall at a race, I was covered. I would think the military would consider OC or CC as a dangerous activity if drag racing is one.

All you have to do is convince your SL/TOP or XO to get you a letter. It's the same thing w. asking for a letter to allow you to "requisition" an NFA weapon, the ones not allowed in this State. These will allow you to even keep them AFTER you leave the Military (if you can get a letter that states such, signed by your CO at the time of the requisition) It's like when LEO's get letters from the Chief/Sherrif to get NFA weapons not allowed in the State.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.190

Can be construed that if you have permission from the military or federal government then you can have it...

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.220

OR you could go steal some gangbangers AK and say "you confiscated it in accordance to my military duty" :D

Bear 45/70

imported post

shakul wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
quentusrex wrote:
Does anyone who works on/around the base/fort know of a procedure for those who carry when off the base/fort? I'm curious if there is a better option than 'leave it at home'.
Something you might consider, is that the military's view is that you are technically on duty 24/7. Hence it never hurts to have a letter of permission to carry when not on post. If, God forbid, something should happen and you have permission, then you are covered. Your medical will cover you and they can not charge you for not being able to report for duty. It will also protect you from civilian authorities to some extent too. I had a letter of permission to drag race off base, the military views this as a dangerous activity, and when I broke an arm in a fall at a race, I was covered. I would think the military would consider OC or CC as a dangerous activity if drag racing is one.

All you have to do is convince your SL/TOP or XO to get you a letter. It's the same thing w. asking for a letter to allow you to "requisition" an NFA weapon, the ones not allowed in this State. These will allow you to even keep them AFTER you leave the Military (if you can get a letter that states such, signed by your CO at the time of the requisition) It's like when LEO's get letters from the Chief/Sherrif to get NFA weapons not allowed in the State.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.190

Can be construed that if you have permission from the military or federal government then you can have it...

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.220

OR you could go steal some gangbangers AK and say "you confiscated it in accordance to my military duty" :D
In Washington, all NFA weapons must belong to the department and are issued by the department to officers. Officers are not allowed to own the own NFA weapons.

BlaineG

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
quentusrex wrote:
Any military, active or retired, living on or off post, must register arms with PM....also, civilians hunting or shooting at the ranges are supposted to register their arms with the PM.......Realisticly, I don't think they check arms at the range much.......

MadHatter66

imported post

BlaineG wrote:
Any military, active or retired, living on or off post, must register arms with PM....

Cite this one please...Because when I lived on base while I was in the military I asked if there was anything I needed to do with my firearms and got the answer that I didn't have to do anything, I could have them in my home, transport them and carry them as long as was legal to do so (CC w/permit, or OC if it is an OC state). I lived in california at the time, so OC wasn't a real option with the draconian firearm laws they have there, and getting a CC permit there was close to impossible because I was not a resident... Living off base you had no requirement to register with anyone either...

sempercarry

imported post

Found another sign in University Place the other day. There is a walkway that looks over the Chambers Bay golf course and the Puget sound on Grandview way in UP. There a signs all over the place that say "no fires or firearms allowed" I got no problem with the fires but I think there is somthing wrong with the NO GUNS thing at a public "park" University Place seems like a good place for the next picinic. Its geting kinda cold right now, so I dont know if you guys wanna wait for the temp to go up, but this issue needs to be adressed. The cirque park looks like the best place. there is a large covered area with picinic tables, and a few "no guns" signs with city ordnances listed. let me know.